Clean V7 install and Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean V7 install and Vista

I have just tried on install my copy of Actinic Business V7 on vista and everything went well until I tried to launch the application.

I got a unable to write to site1/actinicextras.js error and the application then closed.

I tried installing the v7 patch from the Actinica site and now get a @unable to locate the database for the selected filee. The site will remain unchanged" error.

This is a clean V7 install before I have even restored my business data.

Any ideas guys ?

Remove V7 from your PC and install direct from the Actinic website which has the Vista patch

Comment

download the full version of 707 (vista compatible) not the patch

Comment

download the full version
        that what I meant - thanks for the clarification jo.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - I have done that and it worked (sort of) - got me out of a spot with my customer.

I now have a problem in that I cannot download orders on the vista based PC
          because the website updates are done from an XP based PC located 70 miles awy using the previous version of V7 but hopefully after backing up the XP site, removing the old version of Actinic, downloading the new from the actinic site, re-importing my data (and turning round three times while standing on one leg while singing The Hills Are Alive) I will get it
          all working.

It was a lot easier when Vista was a make of curry or was that vesta ?

Comment

Working...
          X