Help please - cannot open Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please - cannot open Actinic

Tried to open Actinic this morning & would not open I was confronted by the error Attached.

Can anyone help as at the moment we cannot access our Actinic software but customers are still able to order from our site & we don't know what they are ordering
    Attached Files
    www.calmncomfy.co.uk : Improving well being and enjoyment of life - Naturally

You've cut off the interesting bit at the bottom, To view technical information about the error report click here....

what extra info does the error report give?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      You've cut off the interesting bit at the bottom, To view technical information about the error report click here....

what extra info does the error report give?
      See attached
      Attached Files

Comment

It may also be worth mentioning that the static IP adress for my office location was supposed to have changed on monday, yet I managed to upload & download to the site server on Wednesday.

Comment

Your database is probably corrupt, to fix this use the repair facilities in your ODBC settings for user DSN ActinicCatalog7, or use our Spellchecker program to compact and repair your database (you can a free trial of this program here : http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html)

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

the attached Backu.mdb & Previous.mdb both repaired. but when I ran it for ActinicCatalog.mdb no dialog box appeared to tell me it had been repaired & the computer just exited from ODBC settings so it doen't seem to be able to do that.
            In the User DSN there was also a seperate option for ActinicSimpleShiping7 which I also repaired successfully,
            I am still unable to open.

Any other suggestions short of the drastic reinstalling Actinic?
            Attached Files

Comment

The database you needed to repair was ActinicCatalog7, which unfortunately is the one that failed to repair. I would suggest raising a support issue with Actinic as they may be able to repair the database for you.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I have lodged an email issue with Actinic & hopefully they will get back quick.

Any tips on how I might be able to access the hosting server to suspend ordering (best option) or suspend the site (more drastic) until the issue is resolved?

Comment

You could manually ftp to the site and manually amend the homepage - saying sorry if they experience any problems with the site 'under upgrade' and to call xxxx if need be.

Comment

In your position one way to suspend ordering is to FTP to the cgi-bin and change permissions to 644 for the ca00000n.pl and os00000n.pl. this will have the effect of not allowing the shopping basket and orderscript scripts to run.

I would be inclined to leave the site online in order to maintain SE indexing.

Although I notice you use a PSP for ordering thus if you have time to phone all your customers up to ask them what they ordered you can still process orders from the email you get from your PSP as you have the payment and postal address.

Comment

We have been contacting the customers & getting their orders manually & are now selling out of some lines, so have to suspend ordering until problem is resolved.

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      change permissions to 644 for the ca00000n.pl and os00000n.pl.
                      I set up an FTP into the server with Leech & found the files ca000001.pl & os000001.pl. I saved them & opened them in Coffe cup (HTML editor), asked it to find "permission". Being a bit of a novice with code I assumed there would be a command saying permissions ###. & thought I would have to change ### to 644. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
                      Last edited by calmncomfy; 11-Apr-2007, 09:58 PM. Reason: Could not upload files

Comment

Locate the files in the cgi-bin and right-click on the file - you should then see something like Permissions or CHMOD - that's where you can change the permissions.

Comment

Thanks - Managed to find & change - add to cart is now disabled. Fingers crossed now that Actinic are successful in finding the soultion.

Comment

Working...
                          X