Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug when displaying product with componants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug when displaying product with componants?

I have a product page that has several types of product, see (it's not important that the pictures aren't there) -

http://www.taotech.demon.co.uk/P_index.html

The first product is a combination of 9 individual items also found on the same page - I have used 9 sub 'Components' to do this.

All of the 'Saver' items on the page each have 1 'Component' with a qty of 12.

All of the other items are single products.

But the problem is the spacing between the quantity boxes and the 'add to basket' buttons...

All of the 'saver' items have a bigger gap than the indiviual items and the first item (with 9 sub components) has a HUGE gap!

I have checked my other pages and it seems that products with sub-components seem to have a bigger space between the quantity and the button - and the more components the bigger the gap.

The smaller gaps aren't that noticiable, but when you have 5 or even 9 that's a pretty big gap...

Is this a bug or is there a way around it?
    John

John,

I am not at my PC with version 6 installed and so I can't be more specific but maybe the following will help you track the problem down?

Each of the hidden components is included in the page HTML and each of these contains <BR> and <P>...</P> tags. These are what are causing all the extra space.

You need to track down the Act_xxxx.html template file which is being used for these components and remove the tags which are causing the unwanted line breaks.

Don't forget to make backup copies of the files before you modify them so that you can always go back a step or two.
    Chris Brown

Comment

Each of the hidden components is included in the page HTML and each of these contains <BR> and <P>...</P> tags. These are what are causing all the extra space.

You need to track down the Act_xxxx.html template file which is being used for these components and remove the tags which are causing the unwanted line breaks.
      I'm completely new to this product, can someone give me a clue as to how to figure out which template file I need to look at?
      John

Comment

I can't be more specific before Monday, sorry.

But maybe there is some other workaholic out there...
        Chris Brown

Comment

When you use template manager use the "Window" view rather than "Graphic" view.

Trace the lines from the main template down and you will an idea of how the files are built
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Here is my suggestion to get you fixed.

Go to 'Design | Text' and click 'Go to'.

In the ID field, enter 2045

In the field highlighted, remove the <BR>.

There is a full guide to the HTML in 'Design | Text' in the Advanced User Guide.

Comment

If the extra blank lines are not being caused by the text fragment suggested by Chris Dicken then you could try the following.

Remove the <BR> tag in the Act_ProductLineXXX.html template just after NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION</span>. You will have to find out exactly which Act_ProductLine template you are using and make your own version (with a different name).
              Chris Brown

Comment

sorted!

ok, I deleted the BR at 2045 and it now looks as you would expect.

Sorted.

Thanks everyone.

now if I could just get the stupid thing to upload...
                John

Comment

actually, I've just noticed that this isn't entirely fixed...

ok, so there is no longer a massive variable sized gap dependent on the number of componants, but take a look at http://www.lowcarbgoodies.co.uk/acat...rb-Snacks.html and notice that all the 'bulk' items (those with 1 or more componants) have an extra line between the qty and the separator line.

Just a minor annoyance, but one I'd like to get fixed in my 'new and improved' website...

deleting the <br> from 2045 fixed the first part of the problem, but I can't find out which bit is adding the extra space...

any ideas?
                  John

Comment

Go into 'Act_VariantComponentName.html' and replace the

<p class="actxsmall">...</p>

with

<span class="actxsmall">...</span>

Comment

ok, that fixed it. but just out of interest - why? what is the difference?

and are you replacing that line in future versions?
                      John

Comment

Not sure why it was written like that - it is from before my time.

It'll go in v7.

Comment

Working...
                        X