Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer login

Hi There,

Im creating a website for dealers only so the general public can view the products but not order them unless they have an account.

Is it possible to do something that makes them login if they try adding something to their basket? unless of course they have an account and are already logged in which case it would continue to the shopping basket page.

Thanks in advance

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Anqi,

You will need the business version of the software. If you have the Advanced Users Guide you will see a topic called 'Hiding Elements from Retail Customers, but Showing Them to ALL Registered Customers'. This should get you on the way.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

I have developer

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for getting back to me, I have developer can I still do that with this version?
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

I have developer can I still do that with this version
        you can do whatever you want with developer - its what you give your client that makes the difference. See Actinics website for more details

Comment

Anqi,

Like Malcolm says, if you are using Developer for your own site then you can do this, but if you are going to give it to a client the client needs to be on Business.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

They have developer too which is great.

I have looked at the advanced userguide and I have done some tests. Its great that you can add code to the ActPrimary.html to stop people viewing your product pages and sections if they are not logged in but ideally I would like to add this on the shopping cart page as my client is happy for the general public to view his products but he only wants the dealers to order.

As the order00.html is generated by Actinic it overwrites what I have done when I edit the one in SiteHtml which is the only place I can think of to edit it. Is there somewhere else I can do it?

Many thanks

Angi
            skatewarehouse.co.uk
            progrow.co.uk
            cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

You need to edit the one in the 'Site1' folder.. Act_Order00.html

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Well I did think that but this page does not have a place where I can add this script below:

<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=NoEntry.html">
                </Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                <script language="javascript1.1">
                function actNotRegistered(){
                //<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                location.replace ('http://www.digital-sw.co.uk/acatalog/login.html');
                //</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                }
                </script>

And it does not have a body tag where I can add this code:

onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;actNotRegistered()"

So do you have any ideas where it could go?

Thanks

Angi
                skatewarehouse.co.uk
                progrow.co.uk
                cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Ok, can you tell me why you are trying to do this for the Order00.html page? This needs to be done on you Act_PrimaryRestricted.html template....

The instructions in the AUG are as follows...
                  Bouncing Unregistered Customers Out of Sections
                  If you wish to prevent unregistered customers from being able to view specific store pages, then you will need to include a simple JavaScript function into the overall layout template for those sections.

Open Act_Primary.html (or whatever your standard overall layout template is called) for editing, and save it as 'Act_PrimaryRestricted.html'.

Locate the following command in the headers of the template:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Just underneath this, copy and paste the following into the template:

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=NoEntry.html">
                  </Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                  <script language="javascript1.1">
                  function actNotRegistered(){
                  //<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                  location.replace ('NoEntry.html');
                  //</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                  }
                  </script>

Note: replace page.html with whatever page you want unregistered customers to be bounced to.

Next, locate the <BODY> tag further down in the template, and locate the attribute in the BODY tag that reads:

onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD"

Change it to read:
                  onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;actNotRegistered()"

Save and close the template.

Whatever sections you don't want unregistered customers going into, specify this new template in the 'Overall Layout' field (found in the 'Layout' tab in the Section Details). This should now automatically take customers back to the designated page if they try and go to a page in your store that you do not want them to.

Naturally, you are going to want to have some explanation in the section description of the section to point out that certain sections are for trade customers only.
                  Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

In my haste to get this sorted I over looked this which I will do now.

"Whatever sections you don't want unregistered customers going into, specify this new template in the 'Overall Layout' field (found in the 'Layout' tab in the Section Details). This should now automatically take customers back to the designated page if they try and go to a page in your store that you do not want them to."

Thanks for all you helps.

Angi
                    skatewarehouse.co.uk
                    progrow.co.uk
                    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X