Page Titles changing in one go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Titles changing in one go?

I have used my old template to make new online shop, but later on I found that new store still holds old page titles. I have changed titles in main pages, but subsections still keep the old ones.
    Is there any solution how to change titles for all pages in one go?
    Thanks,
    Vlad.

Backup your database first then have a look in the database using MS Access - open the table 'Catalog section' and look in the field column 'sPageName'.

Comment

I copied to the sPageTitle what I need. All works good, but I have also found that sPageName is empty all way down. It has names only on the sections I've created manually. I am using import of the products from excel which contains only basic data.
      How can I add page names in this condition and make catalog pick up them and show in the title as it should be originally?

Many thanks,
      Vlad.

Comment

Probably best to create the section names in the spreadsheet before importing. In fact i thought a section name was mandatory on an import, how did you get them in without one?

Comment

I had all section names, but with no page names (on each section) for example red flowers (red_flowers.html) - this what I am missing.

Comment

Ah gotcha, well you have two quick options, both include creating an excel formula that will do this name for you. Either set the name in the spreadsheet and reimport it OR export your current catalogue and run a formula and then reimport it.

If you know how to create excel formulas, you can use some clever concatenation + ".html" to do this automatically. Set the formula to use the current names you have.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I was thinking about this option, but thought there will be maybe some another way as I would like to avoid the spreadsheet import.

Comment

Is there any solution how to change titles for all pages in one go?
                this is your original Q -

thus 3 potential solutions

Use the concatenate formula in excel (as Lee suggested) in your import file

edit the database

use NQV eg <TITLE>
                NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER, NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
                </TITLE>

PAGEHEADER is your section name
                PAGE TITLE is your company name

Comment

Originally posted by Vladinooo
                  Thanks Lee. I was thinking about this option, but thought there will be maybe some another way as I would like to avoid the spreadsheet import.
                  If you are looking for a button within actinic that you just press and "pazazz" it's all done for you, you won't find it. If you know what you are doing, none of the offered methods should take more than 5/10 minutes.

Comment

yeee, thanks guys. I've done it. All three solutions are good and works.
                    I've choosen put NQV and whatever text I wanted in <TITLE>. It was fastes option to get just what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                    X