Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop Section list - change from "Main Section/Subsection" to "Main Section" only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Section list - change from "Main Section/Subsection" to "Main Section" only

At the moment we have the Shop Section list on the left hand side of our store showing the following:

main section/subsections

What I would like to do is just to show the main section and not any of the subsections in this table so that when you click on the main section link it takes you to another page listing all the sub sections (as it does now).

I have looked and cannot figure out how to do this so can anyone let me know how I do this?

We are currently using V7.07 but are upgrading to V8.5 soon so it would be nice if we could set this up in V7.07 and then when we upgrade the site to V8.5 it will already be done.

As usual, thanks for your help,

Graham

You could replace your Yahoo sections code with:
    NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP

Comment

Thanks for that Duncan. I will try that in a bit.

Just having a play with V8 at the moment

Comment

Norman's Collapso menu might be worth considering for your site if you upgrade to v8. ( http://drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html )

Comment

We will probably do that as it will be easier.

As for V8 is it as complicated to use as my first impressions this morning? For V7 I have been using Dreamweaver to do the changes because I can see what I am doing better with a WYSIWYG interface but having just got DW V8 that seems complicated as well.

I am interested in doing the design changes and learning more myself rather than pay someone else to do it but I do realise that will take soooo much longer - now I am not so sure that this is a good idea

Comment

Once you get a hnag of v8 you will find it easier than v7. Don't be put off by you first impressions of v8 - don't try and compare the two, they're very different.

DW integrates much better with v8 than it did with v7.

Comment

Working...
            X