Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a login box for my customers!

Hi everyone,

I ak using actinic v7 alongside sage line 50.

I would like customers who come to my online shop to be able to login using a username and password, thus saving the need for the customer to have to enter their details again and again.

At the moment clients do need to enter their details in repeatedly, and when they sometimes use a differenty computer, if they then enter their address, but make a spelling mistake, sage adds them as an entirely new customer.

All I want to do is, when a client selects checkout, is for them to have an option to login or register a new account. And when they register a new account, for them to have a username and password emailed to them or similar. When they then log back in, their existing details are used, saving the need for them to type again and eliminating the need for sage to duplicate customers.

I've now asked half a dozen people at actinic support the same question and due to the fact they don't understand it I have had different answers every time, none of which have helped.

So, the question is, how do I allow existing clients to login and new clients to login, and have an email with their details sent to them automatically?

Step 1 you will need Actinic Business as login is only available in this version.

Step2 setup customer accounts - its all in the manual

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      Step 1 you will need Actinic Business as login is only available in this version.

Step2 setup customer accounts - its all in the manual
      I realised I replied to the other thread, my bad..!

Anyway, I've got the manual in front of me, and I've had a scan and found the "regular customers" section on page 52 of "getting started with actinic", but it doesn't clearly state exactly how I would do this so that the login box shows up on the checkout pages.

do you know whereabouts in the manual it actually is or if I'm looking in the wrong one?

Alternatively, we might be able to pay for someone to talk me through how to do this, if all else fails off course!

Comment

I would do this so that the login box shows up on the checkout pages
        It does not show there - people will login from any page of the website and checkout will auto add thier details.

Comment

You also need to select where you want to allow login from the options menu.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding this.

Exactly where and how do I add this option? Is this within the actinic menu somewhere?

Please assume I'm being thick as I probably am, Actinic really gives me a headache at the best of times!

Comment

Go to 'View | Business Settings | Ordering' look under 'Customer Login and Ordering'. If you want the login link to appear on the navigation, then go to 'Design | Options | Navigation' and check to see that you have values entered against 'Login Icon'.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X