Does Actinic v6 support IE6??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Actinic v6 support IE6??

Quick question in relation to the support of Actinic and IE6. We are currently running Actinic v6 (Business) and are having major problems with customers who are using IE6. I know IE6 handles the use of cookies differently but does anybody know what is supported by Actinic? Has about else experienced similiar problems?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Alan

Your question is slightly vague, what problems are you getting?

I have recently experienced IE problems with a customer who uses Business v6.1.3, these problems were caused by IE's patchy support of SSL.

A thread relating this problem can be found here.
    Martin Smith
    <a href="http://www.cnx-solutions.com">Web Design Cornwall</a>

Comment

There is also a "Page Cannot be Displayed" problem in IE6 that is caused by corrupt DLLs. This mainly occurs in Windows 2000 and XP. You can look at the same pages Opera, Netscape, and Konqueror (Linux), and they will display the same SSL pages correctly. Another reason for this could be that Mozilla based browsers access the pages with TLS, whereas IE 6 uses the SSL 3.0 protocol.

It can be fixed by re-registering the DLLs with the OS as follows:

Click on Start, Run and type CMD (or COMMAND) and press Enter.

Type in :

regsvr32 softpub.dll (and press <Enter>)

Click OK to the 'Succeded' message.

regsvr32 wintrust.dll (and press <Enter>)

regsvr32 initpki.dll

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Type EXIT (and press <Enter>) to return to Windows.

IE6 should then display the SSL pages correctly.

Comment

But the individual customer has to do the re-registering. How would they know what to do (they most probably don't read this forum )? You can't do it for them from the web-page!

I don't really see what can be done about a broken client browser. But there again, it will be the same for every site that they visit that uses SSL.
        Chris Brown

Comment

I agree chrisbrown, this workaround seems like it is working around a similar problem to the one that we were experiencing.

This problem was rectified by changing some settings on one of our servers.

If awalsh would supply more details of the problem I may be able to help, it would eb good to know specific IE versions and server software.
          Martin Smith
          <a href="http://www.cnx-solutions.com">Web Design Cornwall</a>

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbrown
            But the individual customer has to do the re-registering. How would they know what to do (they most probably don't read this forum)? You can't do it for them from the web-page!

I don't really see what can be done about a broken client browser. But there again, it will be the same for every site that they visit that uses SSL.
            Blame Microsoft.

No, you can't do it from the web page, but at least you have a possible solution for the problems.

It's not actually the same for every site that uses SSL though, that's the problem. It mainly happens on sites with chained SSL certificates (i.e. ones which reference back to the trusted root through another certificate).

It can also sometimes be caused by not having SSL3 enabled within the CONF file of an Apache server.

(you can tell I've done a lot of research into this can't you )

Comment

The other issue is that if you are using frames, and you have a frameset on one server, and your Actinic store is actually on another server, then IE6 will block Actinic from trying to set a cookie when something is added to the cart.

This is because IE6 has a different domain in the browser from the one Actinic is trying to set the cookie from - it therefore treats it like a 'third-party' cookie and blocks it.

The only way around this is to either move Actinic onto the same domain as your frameset (or vice versa) or you have to stop using frames.

Comment

Working...
              X