Links via Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links via Google

Links via Google (Sorry I think I posted this to the wrong section earlier)
    Hi,

I've been running Version 4 for some time (as a novice) and have had several complaints recently that when sent to a section of my site via Google (or presumably any other search engine) they are unable to exit unless they kill their internet connection and start again. This is costing me customers so if anyone can tell me what settings I have to look at in laymans terms I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Carole

Hi there

Please could you post your url, so i can have a look into it?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for your message. The address is www.interknit.uk.com.Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hi Carole

Searched on google for Peter Pan 905 Double knitting Round and the first results is your website

When i click on the link i go straight to the product, which is http://www.interknit.uk.com/acatalog...tterns_88.html

However i cannot use the BACK button on Internet explorer, to go back to the google results.
        When i look at the title bar it says javascript:this.sFrameHTML. It looks like the javascript prevents you from going back to the google results.

I placed a test order which is order number: ASPORT00000007, to see if you catalog is working fine, and it is.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for your reply and time. Do I take it that the javascript is set at the default and this would happen to anyone's site who uses catalog who accesses through google? So long as I know there is no way round it I will have to put up with one or two irate customers!

Kind regards

Carole

Comment

Hi Carole

Yes this is normally set a default by Actinic, because the site is using frame.

When you link to a product, the javascript automaticly loads up the frameset. This is quite normal

I'm afraid the only way around it, would be not to use frames

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Just make sure you know that this is not an Actinic problem but all framed sites behave like this.
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
              X