Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing colour of text in a title

Hi,

I have managed to highlight "special price" etc in red by using the code described in various posts and inputing into the description box.
    What I would now like to do is this...
    I have a product called say xyz cable and the title says xyz cable. I have added the text "new product" to the title so I now have "xyz cable new product". I would like the "new product" to be in red so it stands out as xyz cable is the only new one in a list of cables..eg abc cables, def cables etc. It won't let me enter enough characters in the title box to change it in the way I would change it in the decription box.
    I hope this makes sense to you guys!

Regards

Ali

You can approach this via a CUSTOMVAR to insert the text and the colour eg:

Create a new CSUTOMVAR called say NEWPRODUCT .. edit the product layout (typically Act_productLine.html) and look for the NETQUOTEVAR: PRODUCTTITLE and append this with the CSUTOMVAR: NEWPRODUCT

In the product properties tab add the new CSUTOMVAR and enter the code as per what you have been doing in the description field. You can also use an image to draw additional attention.

Another option would be to create a duplicate of the existing product layout template... hard code the text in there and simply specify this new template to be used for the specific product.

There has also been discussions in the past about extending the field inside the actinic database which may provide enough space to add the text.

3 options (at least) ... using a new product template is probably the best solution (depending on exactly what you are doing)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont

Create a new CSUTOMVAR called say NEWPRODUCT

don't want to sound stupid but where do I start doing this?

Comment

Inside Actinic Advanced | Custom Properties ... click on the "+" symbol and enter your name there with "type = text"

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

way over my head. I'd better leave it or I may end up messing things up.

Comment

If you take a snapshot before you start, you have nothing to worry about, its your failsafe if you mess it up.

Comment

I dont really know what I'm doing. What I need is an idiots guide with precise step by step instructions...

Comment

In your layouts have a specific layout which adds a "new" image next to the product name when you select this layout. Select this layout on new products and just change the image to be one of your choice.

Simpler, more straightforward for the time being.

Like here for example.

Comment

I see what you mean. I will give that a go.

Thanks

Ali

Comment

I tried that and it worked but the image was on the left and I'd need it on the right. How do i change that?

Comment

Originally posted by aliscot
                      I tried that and it worked but the image was on the left and I'd need it on the right. How do i change that?
                      Instead of putting [ image link | other content ] put [ other content | image link ]
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                      X