Sharing Site1 Folder on Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Site1 Folder on Network

Hi quick question to which I couldn't find a definative answer to on the forum. I don't post often as I usually manage to find an answer!

We have three PC's on our network. One has Actinic V7 on it and the other two are for othe business use.

What I want to do is share the Site1 folder on the network so that one of the other PC's can access it for making changes to templates and for adding images.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Would it affect the way Actinic works?

Thanks
    Jimfingerz

I think you will need to upgrade to the multi user version to allow network access to the same database.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't actually want to access the database at all.

All I want to do is create images on another PC and copy them across directly to the Actinic PC. Effectively all I want to use is Windows explorer to do it.

And with Templates I was again just wanting to open them from a different computer to edit.

I was just worried that setting up the folder as a shared folder on the network would have implications.

Maybe those implications would be I'd need to have Multi User. We've been looking at Multi User V8 but cannot warrant the extra cost at the current time.

Comment

You should have no problems sharing the Site1 folder for the purpose you are describing. Make sure though that you only design from one computer at once. You may find it difficult modifying templates though without having Actinic on the machine to view the results of any changes made.

Comment

Working...
        X