Spacing of components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacing of components

I think I have a template problem with my drop down components.

I seem to be getting a hard return at the end of the component description, when a <BR> tag may be more appropiate.

This is what I get on the live site. - see live.jpg

and if I view the generated page HTML - html.jpg.

Looking at he code I cant see any rouge tags,
    HTML Code:
    Celebration Cake <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="BB916" COMPONENTID=0>
    </Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION></p><INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="v_BB916_0" VALUE="on">
    <span class="actxsmall"></span><SELECT NAME="v_BB916_8" CLASS="actxxsmall"><br>
    <OPTION VALUE=-1 SELECTED>Add a Cake for £5.99              <br><OPTION VALUE=1 >I Love You<br><OPTION VALUE=2 >
    Happy Birthday<br><OPTION VALUE=3 >Happy Anniversary<br><OPTION VALUE=4 >Congratulations</SELECT><P CLASS="actxsmall">
    Chocolates <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="BB916" COMPONENTID=1>
    Any ideas where I can change or modify this so I avoid the extra spacing?

thanks
    Attached Files

I seem to be getting a hard return
    how are you viewing the code? your images have hard returns and tabs, but i suspect this is more to do with thesoftware you are using rather than the html code.

could you confirm which desciption you refer to as component description - its is "Optional Extras"? or Celebration Cake/Chocolates?

Comment

The images are taken from M$ Frontpage - which show the <BR> tags as the small arrow, and the <P> tags as the backward P

What I've also done as another test is copy the section into a brand new actinic site.

Here I have the same issue - it doesnt seem to matter what method I select as the seperator (New Paragraph, New Line, Space, User Defined) though in this image ive used a <hr>

There is still a blank row between the components HTML for Name: and the actual drop down list.
      Attached Files

Comment

it doesnt seem to matter what method I select as the seperator (New Paragraph, New Line, Space, User Defined)
        Personally I ignore these options and get into the actual code of the template.

Celebration Cake <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="BB916" COMPONENTID=0>
        </Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION></p>
        this code has a end p tag so I assume there is a start p too, remove these tags and see how it looks.

Comment

OK - I'll take a look at all the ActVarient templates

Comment

Act_VariantComponentName.html was the offending bit of code - it had the P tag. I've replaced this with a <BR> and everything looks a lot better.

Many thanks pinbrook.

Comment

Whenever I get problems with annoying spaces that seem to come from nowhere, I use a table.
              I prefer nesting them as they are easier to justify, this way you can almost definitively, to the px, conmtrol spacing and position.

I've also had success with style sheets and using the infinite number of parameters that come with these.

If you look at my site http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html, the page layout is nested tables and the navigation, LH column, is style sheets.

S.
              esafetysigns.co.uk
              your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
              ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
              http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Working...
              X