Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging in from a link?

Hi all,

We use online accounts for our regular customers on our webstore; some of these log in every time they order yet quite a few, despite having login details, seem unable to make it work. As a way to help them log in, I moved the login form and javascript into the standard template, so it appears on every page - so they could login from the store, rather than having to remember to click the 'login' link. Then I changed the password email template to let them know what the site should look like once they logged in. None of these seemed to help.

So I was wondering whether I could create a hard-coded link in the password email template that, when it was clicked, would log the customer in without them having to enter their username and password?

I've tried this:
    Code:
    http://my-url.com/cgi-bin/bb000001.pl?PAGE=LOGIN&USER=username&PASS=password&ACTION=Login
    But it says that it needs access to cookies on my machine. As you can tell, I don't know what I'm doing - I've just guessed what the syntax needs to be (based on hard coding searches) and I know I've missed something.

Please can anyone let me know if it's possible, and if so, where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sadcase; 20-Apr-2007, 10:54 AM. Reason: Making title more descriptive

Hi Mark,

I checked this with development and this is a wish list item I'm afraid.

The username and password really needs encrypting before being sent to the server.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
    X