Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sidebox section links problems on special pages

Hello,

I stumbled upon one small problem with section links. I use, in the side column, a navigation system that displays the first 2 levels of the store's section hierarchy; nothing fancy, I'm just using the javascript provided in the UM. Note that, since it is hardcoded, it displays on every page. On regular brochure pages, it does its job but on some pages such as the search result page or the view cart page the links fail since they direct me to pages not relative to the acatalog directory but relative to the cgi-bin directory, hence a page-not-found error. A solution would be to recode the javascript in order to scrap the ACTINIC_REFERRER part of the link. Instead, however, I would like to find a way to hide this navigation from those pages. Just like the simple search sidebox which appears on brochure pages but not on cart, checkout, and search result pages. So, is there a way to achieve the same behavior? Surely, there must be a way to identify the current page and then conditionally display or hide the navigation sidebox.

Lazyeye

Originally posted by lazyeye
    So, is there a way to achieve the same behavior? Surely, there must be a way to identify the current page and then conditionally display or hide the navigation sidebox.
    You could probably use some sort of condition in V8…

I was thinking of having a separate primary template without the JavaScript for the checkout, login and view cart, but sadly you can't assign a separate template for the search.

What JavaScript did you use? I just followed the instructions from the V6 AUG and it worked fine on my cgi pages.

Also check to see if you have:

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

in the <Head> tags of your overall templates.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
    X