Gift wrapping section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift wrapping section

I am wanting to add a gift wrapping section to my web page. I want to be able to charge the customer for this service and I also want to be able to let them choose from a range of paper. I have tried to set this up but at the moment have had to add the menu to each product which means if that paper runs out I would need to go through every item in my catalogue to remove it. What can I do.

Could you not make one product with the designs as the drop down choice and then create one or more product duplicates so when you update one product all duplicates would be updated.

Hope this works.

Darron
    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

I will try that. Thanks very much

Comment

I tried what you said but you can only make a duplicate of a product but not of a component or attribute. Unless I am doing something wrong which is very likely.

Comment

Nicola,

If you right click on a 'Component' or an 'Attribute' and click on 'Copy', you can then 'Paste' it to several products.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Cheers for replying. I know that I can copy and paste but I want to know if there is a way that if I change one of the choices if they will all change on the different products if you know what I mean.

Comment

Hi Nicola,

If you set up Component > Attribute > Choice you can associate products to your paper choices so you can set stock levels in the associated product details.

So you need to create a hidden product for each of your paper choices. Create a component with an attribute and various choices for your range of paper. Click on the components Permutation tab and click Fill List. This will automatically populate the grid with all your choices. Look in the Product column and map up your hidden products to the choices. In the Pricing column select Associated Product Prices.

Your paper choices will now inherit the hidden products details like price and stock levels. Copy this component to your other products you want to offer gift wrapping. If an associated product goes out of stock so should all the choices linking to that product.

Let me know if you have any questions.
              Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
              X