Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upsell Secondary Product Error

Hi guys,

We have been using the upsell patch for a while and all has been great. But all of a sudden it stopped working. I don't know what we've done, we can't get to the bottom of it. can anyone help?

If you click on this link:

http://www.wdbathrooms.co.uk/acatalo...sin_mixer.html

And click on the upsell image to the right it opens in a pop up window as normal. However when you try to add to cart, it just comes up with an error!?!

Any ideas, because I'm stumped!

Cheers

It is coming up with a Javascript error on page load, did this always occur? If not then reimport an older snapshot, where it did work and take a look to see what has been changed.

Errors of this kind are usually to do with something you have done, but didn't think it could affect this area.

Comment

No it's not always had this error, but I've only just noticed it now. Is there any onther way of doing it without messing about with reloading the whole site?

Comment

You've recently updated to 7.0.7. That may have broken something. Re-install Upsell from the installation Zipfile.

There should also be a file popupsupport.js uploaded as part of Upsell. Your site seems to have an empty file instead of the required JavaScript.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Well it takes about 60 seconds to install a previous snapshot so you can compare the area, you can then change back in about another 60 seconds if you have taken a fresh snapshot before doing so.

Either do that or trace all of your steps backwards to a time when it did work and find out what you did that changed it. Try compacting the database and refreshing the site also.

Comment

Actually the computer I'm now working on is new and I had to update to a version of actinic 7 that works with Vista and it's caused a bundle of problems. I'll try the reinstall.

Cheers, I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Hi norman, Actuall I don't have that file as a different web developer used it and we paid him for ir in a package. Now I'm looking after the site, I don't have that file! do you have a copy I can pull off your site as we don't use that other guy any more?

Comment

Originally posted by yakduzi
                But all of a sudden it stopped working
                Originally posted by yakduzi
                Actually the computer I'm now working on is new and I had to update to a version of actinic 7 that works with Vista.
                Most people never need to look far, to find out the reason.

Comment

Best contact me by email as I've no records here of either you or your site.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X