Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum Order Ignored

Hi all,

I am getting a little fed up (well a lot) as we keep getting orders for, e.g. £3 + P&P when our minimum order value is £5+P&P. I have tested the site and the error essage about not having enough in basket is no longer being shown. It is not a case of a customer changing their mind and removing something from the basket which could allow them through, it is going to checkout with a small order from the onset. I have notices in place stating the minimum order but they are obviously being ignored. Nothing in the templates relating to this issue has been changed.

Please help as we are actually losing money on this.

Many thanks.
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Not sure what that could be - it worked correctly for me just now:
    http://www.imagemule.com/uploads/5poundsZk04.jpg

Comment

Yes but try adding products that will take you just over the £5 WITH the £2.99 P&P. With the £1.47 you added there it sits below £5 with the postage.

Karen
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

please give us an example of a product combination that is incorrect

Comment

I see what you mean - the easiest (at least interim) solution be just to add 2.99 on to the minmum order vale - making it 7.99 - at least until you can figure out why.

Comment

Here's an example. It is allowing me to proceed to checkout here.
            Attached Files
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

I can get it to allow incorrect orders also, certainly a strange one. I'd contact support on this, if after a compact database and website refresh, the problem still exists.

On a side note, you have a secure warning popping up (prob an image outside of https causing it) and a couple of buttons in your checkout are traditional actinic ones, whereas another is your new style.

Comment

I have compacted etc and to no avail.

The different button is intentional I don't get the secure warning on checkout, not sure why you get that.
                Kind Regards
                Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Could you be more specific as to which heart clips fail, there are 3. I wanted you to give me a path to run through to see if i could get the same error.

At the mo every item I add at a price of less than £5 comes up correctly with the min value message

"Value of your shopping basket (£1.47) below your limit (£5.00). Please add something to your shopping basket."

Comment

It seems to be postage related to me, as soon as total of products + postage is over £5 it works fine. Do you have any surcharges or anything above the normal included?

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      Could you be more specific as to which heart clips fail, there are 3. I wanted you to give me a path to run through to see if i could get the same error.

At the mo every item I add at a price of less than £5 comes up correctly with the min value message

"Value of your shopping basket (£1.47) below your limit (£5.00). Please add something to your shopping basket."
                      Because you are not adding enough in the basket! The minimum payment works fine when the postage is added - in the past it would throw up the error before the postage was added, which is how it was intended. If you add items totalling at least £2.02 then it will allow the order through.
                      Kind Regards
                      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        It seems to be postage related to me, as soon as total of products + postage is over £5 it works fine. Do you have any surcharges or anything above the normal included?
                        No surcharges or anything else added.
                        Kind Regards
                        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Because you are not adding enough in the basket!
                          I am going to give up now... Sorry.

I was simply asking you to give me a simple process to get the checkout to fail ie tell me specifically which products to add to the basket ( tell me which page to go to and which product to add to basket)

Comment

Oh OK, sorry I misunderstood. If you add a product from HERE for example and then proceed to checkout you will see the problem. Many thanks
                            Kind Regards
                            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

I just added that item (£2.40 excluding P&P) to the cart and went to checkout and it said I was below the limit. I then tried adding 2off (£4.80) and still got the same message. Adding a third (£7.20) - this time it went through. So it worked ok for me.

It seems it is either not consistent or is related to some products perhaps and not others.

Comment

Working...
                              X