Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website update not updating products or other pages

Hi all,

I am just experiencing a issue where a site being updated no longer hides hidden sections or products, and won't update the content of the html pages if changed. Basically a product/section hidden in the application is still visibl on the website, how is this possible?

Is there a way to force the change by removing a file that had the previous state in it. I don't want to have to refresh the site as that will purge all files and force the site down for what could be up to 8 hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason Boon
    Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Have you tried clearing your PC's internet cache?

What section/product is still showing so I can take a look here?

Comment

Have you tried clearing your PC's internet cache?
      Yes and checked on multiple machines, it is an Actinic issue with it not reading the hide section flag in the database when uploading, or having a screwed update file in that it shows nothing to change.

I thought it had been fixed by uploading from a different machine but apparently not.

I have another question though, regarding BASEREF values.

Some of our information (Brochure) pages have a baseref setting which is set inside the SSL part of the site, obviously this should not be the case, I am wondering if someone can shed some light onto why this could be happening and what I can do to fix it as it is throwing out our referrer scripts by not pulling graphics for menu backgrounds set in CSS correctly.

Thanks
      Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Comment

Jason,

You would not need to have a SSL BaseHref value for the brochure pages, all you need is <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />.

Once you change the BASEHREF values can you go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and click on 'Website Purge and Refresh'. This will take some time as the process will delete all the .cat and .fil files from the server, replace the scripts in your site1 folder for those in the 'original' folder ( script changes will need to be reapplied ) and then a complete refresh of the site. If that does not work raise a support ticket and mention this thread and all steps taken so far.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X