Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex Vat

Hi There,

My client has a section of products on his website that are being sold as non VAT, when he chooses the ex VAT option in the product details dropdown and then does a preview it shows the price but it does not say exVAT underneath it like the inVAT does, so please can you tell me how to show it?

Thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Hi

Actinic displays only Including VAT or Excluding VAT messages against products, depending on the settings. If you wish to display an Exempt message, you will need to create a custom variable.

1. In Advanced | Custom Properties, click on the + symbol to create a new row. Enter a name, for e.g, Exempt and OK.

2. Double-click on the products which are VAT Exempt, go to the Properties tab and click on the + to get a new row.

3. Select the custom variable from the drop-down and enter the desired text (for instance "Exempt from VAT"). Apply changes.

4. Now go to Advanced | Template Manager (click on Change View if you get a graphic display). Click on the Section tab and the Product Line button to open the Act_ProductLine.html for editing.

5. Enter CUSTOMVAR:EXEMPT (Pls note the name of the customvar should be all in CAPS) in the template, ideally next to NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE. Save and exit.

If you now update the changes to the site, it will display the Exempt from VAT message against the NON-VAT products and the Including VAT message against the rest.

Let me know how you get on.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X