Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Writer for Edirectory Feed?

Hello,

I currently manually attempt to add my products to Edirectory by adapting the Froogle feed which exports from my Actinic v7. I have been told to find a script writer, who apparently would be able to write a script to export all my products into the correct format, so that admin at Edirectory could just pick up the feed from my server and keep my entries completely up to date.

Anyone out there have any idea what I am waffling on about?!

Kate

If I were you I'd talk nicely to Jan at mole end software (http://www.mole-end.biz/) and see if she might be willing to add edirectory to her growing list of data feeds.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have just called and it is not something they are prepared to do at the moment, as apparently it is too specific.

Anyone else?

Kate

Comment

Do you have an example on how the format needs to be?

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the specific are here under Product Data - http://www.edirectory.co.uk/merchants/

Kate

Comment

Their instructions are very good, that's for sure. They're not asking for anything out of the ordinary, so I would take a look at the existing exports available from Mole End and see if any of them come close, if they do, would be a relatively quick job to just change the format on a few fields.

If you are not happy working with Access & queries or Excel, filters & pivot tables, i can't see an easier way. Unless you export your catalogue hierarchical data, format it and ensure all additions/amendments are religiously recorded in there also and then just use that.

Comment

We have just finished a complete Actinic V6, V7 and V8 feed generator that will pull every product and variant out of Actinic and create a tailored feed for the directory of your choice (edirectory being just 1 of the many).

The edirectory feed has been tested and accepted by edirectory themselves.

If you're interested in using this, please feel free to pm me off forum.

Regards

Jos
              Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
              www.internetology.co.uk
              Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

is it template driven?

Comment

It's a stand alone application that pulls all the info out of Actinic and then processes it in the format of the feed parameters that you provide us with.

So no - not template driven - sorry!
                  Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
                  www.internetology.co.uk
                  Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Working...
                  X