Google Adwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Adwords

This is not really an Actinic question, but it is related to one of my Actinic sites.

I've created a single campaign with seven different google ad's which have links to specific pages within my site.

Is it possible to have a specifc ad appear for specific keywords? I don't want to display an ad for Birthday Widgets if the searcher has seached for Retiremnt Widgets.

thanks

Yes, its perfectly possible - and indeed a recommended practice. The difficult part lies in navigating around the Adword's UI where the juxtaposition of commands and functions is rather confusing (but a whole lot better than yahoo's).

You need to set up separate Ad Groups, click on the Ad Variations tab and click on the Edit link (in the Actions column).

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

First Goat point, well done Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by acompton
        You need to set up separate Ad Groups, click on the Ad Variations tab and click on the Edit link (in the Actions column).
        I've created a new campaign, selected ten related keywords, and created an couple of ad variations. However I want to target one of those ad's based up one of the seach phrases.

Is that possible - or does that in itself need yet another campaign?

Comment

@leehack Thanks. Never got one under the previous administration.

@smiffy
          AFAIU:
          Campaigns are about setting budgets. Each campaign has its own total daily budget.
          You can do everything under one campaign, unless you want to restrict the budget that a particular product or range of products uses.
          Each Ad Group has its own ad text and a collection of keywords.
          Each keyword can have its own click cost, preferred positon and landing page. These are inherited from the Ad Group if they are not set for each keyword

Alan

Comment

I've created a new campaign, selected ten related keywords, and created an couple of ad variations. However I want to target one of those ad's based up one of the seach phrases.

Is that possible - or does that in itself need yet another campaign?
            Do the adwords tutorial it will answer all your questions

Comment

Working...
            X