Server version different from client version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server version different from client version

I have tried to update from v. 7.06 to 7.07 after reading info on the forum about needing Protx protocol 2.2. I then received a message saying

The server scripts are incompatible with this version of Actinic. Refresh the website.

If order processing is split from web site maintenance (which it isn't so I didn't note down the rest of this bit ..)

If this error persists, copy the perl scripts for the original sub-directory and try again.

Server version = "7 GBGA"
    Client version = "7 HCFA"

I tried to refresh but it was timed out and then came up with the same message as above. As I don't understand the message or what I am supposed to be copying from where to where I am a bit stuck.

Any help appreciated.

copy the perl scripts for the original sub-directory and try again
    thats the critical part of the message. Badly phrased ..... a better way to say it

"Copy the perl scripts (files with the extension pl and pm) from the folder called Original within the Actinic folder on your PC into your site1 folder"

Comment

Thanks, but before I make things worse could I clarify - I need to copy every file with a pl or pm extension from the Original folders into the Site 1 folder? If so, where abouts in the site one folder?

Comment

yes you've got it.

copy into site1, if you look at site1 you will see pl and pm files in there already ie orderscript.pl, searchscript.pl, shoppingcart.pl etc you are going to replace these files.

Ignore the 000001.pl files as these get generated.

Comment

My site one folder also has 900001.pl files. Is this bad news or can I ignore them as well.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

ignore it...

Comment

OK. pl and pm files copied over. So now I do a refresh rather than an update, yes?

Sorry to be so needy - I have had a horrendously bad experience with v8 which ended in a total crash and me running back to v7. Now this has gone wrong and I'm feeling a little bruised to say the least!

Thanks.

Comment

Update might so it, but a refresh is better.

Comment

Thanks Jo

I have done a refresh. It timed out a couple of times but got there eventually and I seem to be back in business.

Thanks for your help. Does this prove that there isn't much to do on a Saturday night in Devon I wonder? (I'm only about 15 miles from Exeter).

Comment

Working on a Saturday night is probably more indicative that I am a "Grumpy Old Woman" than anything to do with the vibrant nightlife that Exeter has to offer

Comment

Working...
                    X