No announcement yet.

moving V7 to new pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aw man, I am still getting the same error after doing a web|refresh following a complete re-install and importing a new snapshot.

Could this snapshot be corrupt but still be ok on my original machine or, because I dont get the errors on the old machine, do you think the snapshot is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrafty
      Could this snapshot be corrupt but still be ok on my original machine or, because I dont get the errors on the old machine, do you think the snapshot is ok?
      I don't think we could give you a definitive answer on this without it in front of us. If your old system is v7.07 and it is working fine and you can export a snapshot with no error warnings, then the same should occur on the new system.

Do the error messages mean anything to you, are they referring to something you have done or are they double dutch?

Is the new system on Vista?

Comment

The new pc is XP home just like the old one.

The error messages relate to - Act_Order04.html and Act_Order01.html.

I remember that I did change the colours in one and commented out one of the boxes but surely these must be ok if they are working on the old machine

I even tried copying over the said files from the original folder but still got the errors

I knoe that it is Sunday lunch time so I do appreciate the help you are giving me

Graham

Comment

On the new system, install v7.07 and then copy over the complete site1 folder from the old system, see what that does.

Are you uninstalling actinic and then manually removing the actinic folders that are left, before you do a clean install?

Comment

yep, I uninstalled actinic using its uninstall wizard as opposed to the contol panel|add remove programs then manually deleted ALL references to actinic from within program files so as far as I can tell there was no trace of a previous version before I tried to do a fresh install.

I am going to take a copy of the Site1 directory from the old pc and paste it into the sites directory of the new pc and see what happens then

Comment

I am going to take a copy of the Site1 directory from the old pc and paste it into the sites directory of the new pc and see what happens then
              Only after you have installed actinic remember.

Comment

oh yeah, I wasnt trying to do it without having Actinic installed already

Comment

Still the same

Comment

Heaven knows what is going on then, if you want to send me a snapshot, i will try it my end for you. This needs trying on a different system to find out whether it's your new system that is the problem.

Very strange that it works on one system, but an identical copy on another system won't work, unless of course you are not setting it up correctly.

Comment

As far as I know I am setting it up properly, just doing the same as I did when I first got it. I am trying it one more time tonight because I have lost the will to live at the moment and as 24 and Lost are starting soon I am not missing them (sad I know but I have to take my mind off it some how).

Thanks for all your help today - I am going to have another crack at it tomorrow.

If by some miracle I get it working I will let you know what was causeing the problem.

Cheers mate,

Graham

Comment

24 and Lost are starting soon I am not missing them (sad I know but I have to take my mind off it some how).
                        Ooooooh, make sure you don't miss Lost, it's a great one this week.

Maybe DHARMA trashed your snapshot?

Comment

dont even go there with that one

Comment

It is all sorted.

The errors I was getting are passive errors, meaning it is telling you that you are not using those particular Variables that are available by default on a store. If you select 'Do not show this message again' and then click on OK, the upload will continue and complete and will not prompt you about these variables on further updates / refreshes.

Thanks to Bruce for letting me know what to do.

(If only I had contacted him earlier)

Thanks for everyones help

Graham

Comment

Working...
                            X