Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Downloads on the fly?

Hey guys,
    I'd like to implement a system whereby a user purchases an ebook using the Actinic DigitalDownload option (which i can do), but i'd like the book to expire after a set amount of time, allowing the user to choose an option eg:

15 Days - £5
    30 Days - £8
    Purchase - £11

But i'd like the expirey time on the ebook to be set from the date of purchase. Anyone know of a way to do such a thing, i've asked about using Adobe Content Server, but the system doesn't seem compatible with Actinic. Any suggestions on this one?

Yoda84 AKA Darren

Hi Darren

As far as I am aware, at the moment the only way to set a download expiry time limit on Digital Download files is through Settings | Business Settings | Ordering . Through there you can only set one expiry time for all files. So I'm going have to check this with development, as soon as I hear from them I'll get back to you.

Kind Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Hi Darren

Rather than use actinic for the expiry, can you build an expiry into the product itself, much like what happens when we use a 30 day trial on a piece of trial software etc.?

Comment

The Actinic inbuilt expiry is also for download only, once downloaded the book could still be viewed, you would have to build something into the ebook itself to make it expire after a certain amount of time.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Would it be possible to add a script to the site that would copy the ebooks from one folder to another at midnight everynight and change the date by one day eg:

+-ORIG_FOLDER
          +------containing ebooks with no expiry

+-DOWNLOAD_FOLDER
          +------containg ebooks updated at midnight each day with 30day limit

So that the script would copy the file from the ORIG_FOLDER to the DOWNLOAD_FOLDER each night and then the file would expire 30days after that date?

I suppose it would be about re-writing the headers in the PDF files, anyone have any suggestions?

yoda84

Comment

Working...
          X