How can I track 'reader offers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I track 'reader offers'

We have a site selling prints at www.golf-prints.org using Actinic Business v.6 for the shop.

We're going to be advertising in several different publications (8 altogether). The advertisements are carried free in return for a commission on each sale driven by them.

How can I make sure that I can track the sales that are driven by the individual ads?

Can I do this using Customer Accounts, or can I force visitors to input a code or select an referral option (in the checkout phase) ... or is there another way I haven't thought of?

If I ask visitors to use a code to get a discount, could I make this happen within Actinic?

At the moment I'm even contemplating creating 'mirror sites' within my overall site and duplicating products within the catalog so that I can track sales by product number!! Not an ideal solution.

Hope someone can help
    Debbie Ormston

You need to use an affiliate type software if you want to do it properly.
    www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

Comment

There are details in the Advanced User Guide for how to transfer order values to an affiliate program.

As Mike suggests, you would need a package to do it properly, rather than trying use any of Actinic's functionality.

Comment

Any reccomendations for affiliate software for use with actinic?
        Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

Comment

Working...
        X