Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding a link to a product image and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a link to a product image and...

I've an image thats outwith the actinic folder. Its linked to by a product or possibly a brochure fragment. How can I find where the link comes from (within Catalog)?

And. Is there a way of disabling the image `lock` you can get if you rename an image while it is still being referenced to. I think turning off preview helps, but it dosen't `cure` it as it crops up again when preview is enabled again. I've even had to reboot my pc with Actinic `stuck` on this issue in the past.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Search the access database for its name. Get its name from the not catalog folder.

Comment

Try enabling the disabled errors (if that makes sense ) and then do a snapshot ... the error will log the path there.

Of course to solve you need to upgrade to v8

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        Try enabling the disabled errors (if that makes sense ) and then do a snapshot ... the error will log the path there.
        Nah, gave me a fatal error when doing the snapshot. Referenced the image but not where is was used in the catalog.
        Football Heaven

Comment

Hierarchical export and you will find it in about 30 seconds. Just open in excel, and CTRL-F the filename.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Search the access database for its name. Get its name from the not catalog folder.

I think I've searched all the likely tables, and still its referenced as external when creating a snapshot.

Possibly in a hidden fragment (although I've checked that table), or maybe even in a template?
            Football Heaven

Comment

Go hierarchical export then dude, unhide anything for the export, if not found in there, then must be layout bound.

Comment

It `looks` like I've found the culprit file, hidden away on the `additional files` list.

Now. Back to the fatal error caused by renaming the offending file in order to find where it was being sourced from.

Even after repairing the database I get this...

FATAL ERRORS
                (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 816) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
                Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic MU v7\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

...but only every other snapshot. I can take one now, it will be fatal error free, then take another straight away without doing anything, then that fatal error shows up again.

(Database isn't open or anything, content has been purged, and databases compacted both in Actinic and Access, etc)
                Football Heaven

Comment

reformat the computer and upgrade to V8??

*ducks for cover*
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    reformat the computer and upgrade to V8??

*ducks for cover*

*shakes head, mutters*
                    Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                    X