Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Order - email not sending

Hi there
    We are using the "Complete" button to finish our orders. When we click "complete" the line items are shipped and we have elected to send an "order shipped" email.

The problem is that the email does not go - it appears in the email tab but without the blue tick next to it. Why is it not sending ? We want emails to go in real time with minimal clicking. I thought that is what the "Complete button" would do.

Can anyone help with this ? We are on Multi-User 7.5 for our sins.

Thanks
    Jez

Does a network settings test confirm that the smtp settings are ok and you get the test message?

Comment

Oh yes emails work fine if I send them manually - ie, go to the mail tab and create a "order shipped". They go fine. It is only when using the "complete" button that they just sit there.

Any ideas ? Does anyone else use the "complete" button with email ?

Comment

mine does the same.

but it suits me as the offline orders should not send an email out. (normally i leave the tick box my mistake)

Comment

Great - another bug.

Comment

Jez,

If you are using the 'Complete' order feature then you have to go to 'Marketing | Send emails' to have the lot sent out.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi there - we dont seem to have a "marketing" option. We do have a icon of an envelope which says "send emails" - but the problem is, when we have accidentally clicked on this in the page (it is located very near "receive orders") it just seems to send millions of emails willy nilly to god knows who - we have no way of seeing who it is sending emails to. Long before we knew anything about using one-click complete, this "email" button seemed to have a life of its own.

It is not really "one-click-complete" if you then have to go and click another button to send the email!!!! WHy does it not just send it there and then !?!?!

Comment

Jez,

The order processing part that 'One Click' does is all on the desktop and written in the application. This process includes marking the order as completed, Print necessary reports and Queue the email to be sent. This part needs to be done using your SMTP server hence actinic would need to open a port and connect to server send the email and then close that port for the order to be completed, this could be more time consuming then completing the orders in a bunch and then sending out the emails by connection to the server.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X