Quick pondering..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick pondering..

I really *do* have better things to do but I was just wondering...as I worked my way through my "pending" tab!

How come, for orders where customers are sending a cheque,Actinic automatically prints out a packing list..and those where a customer chooses to "Send credit card details separately" don't print a packing list?

Surely these two payment options have the same status? So why does Actinic automatically print a packing list for one and not the other?

Like I said..I *do* really have better things to do and now, I'll go do them
    Tracey

Originally posted by budgetbumps
    Actinic automatically prints out a packing list..and those where a customer chooses to "Send credit card details separately" don't print a packing list?
    At what stage of the order process does Actinic do this?

Also what's your full version number?
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Originally posted by Toby B
      At what stage of the order process does Actinic do this?
      When I go to the reports tab to print "outstanding packing lists" (which is the first thing I do when order processing)
      It prints them for "Invoice and payment before delivery" orders (or cheque orders, in my case) but not for "Credit card details sent separately" orders.

Originally posted by Toby B
      Also what's your full version number?

Catalog 7.0.5 FJBA

Thanks!
      Tracey

Comment

I think the difference between the two payment methods is that with the cheque one, Actinic has no way of knowing that you have the payment to hand or not, whereas with 'Credit card details sent separately', Actinic knows you haven't received the details, as they haven't been entered into the 'Progress and Payments' tab.

Once you enter the credit card details into Actinic you should find that a packing list is generated automatically.

Comment

hmmmm..ok
          still not convinced that they both perhaps shouldn't work the same
          I mean, if I *had* the cheque payment to hand, it would have been entered into the "payments" tab as "cheque received" and the status would be "Full Payment Received"

Oh well, it was just a minor niggle as I'm used to it now. Just wondered if there was a logical reason why it worked that way.

Thanks, Chris
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X