Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I avoid a second page when adding products on www.kjbeckett.com

Hi

I'm trying to create a "One click add to cart" shopping model or as close to it as possible...

At present on www.kjbeckett.com the customer has to click "add to cart" on a product, then on a second page they must select the qty and shipping destination. Then click "continue shopping" or "checkout". I would like to move closer to the play.com model whereby the customer only clicks add to cart once...

When the first product is added to the cart by the customer, I cant remove the shipping destination question becuase I have "Request Location Information Early" switched on. This relates to my need to display the price with or without VAT depending on what country we are shipping to.

However once the customer has added the first item, and selected the shipping destination, I would like to allow the customer to add further products by simply clicking on the "Add to cart" button.

Is this possible?

I think I need to move the qty question from the second page, to the product details page. e.g. a qty variable (either text box or drop down) is next to the "add to cart" button.

Does this make sense?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

<design><design options> - shopping mode - quantity on product page.

Comment

Thanks Lee.

It is greyed out (I can't change it) and set to "Qty on confirmation page".

Why would that be?

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Ahah that's cos of your early location question, sorry bad info provided, didn't pick it up. If you have to select location early, then your only option is 'Quantity on the confirmation page' i'm afraid.

NOTE: i have no idea why, never used the location question early before, but i'm sure it will be to do with the way shipping or tax is calculated or something along those lines.

Comment

Thanks Lee.

It is greyed out (I can't change it) and set to "Qty on confirmation page".

Why would that be?

Paul
          KJ Beckett
          Bath, England
          Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Forum playing up again? whats happened there?

Comment

I think that was me!

Thanks.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

At present all the prices displayed on the cart show excluding VAT providing the Shipping Destination is confirmed early. It just means I have a second phase to adding to cart...which is a pain.

Paul
              KJ Beckett
              Bath, England
              Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
              X