Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change website sizing

If you go to www.abercairn.co.uk

how do you get rid of [ ] brackets. I WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO *?

Also I want to get rid of mountain pictue on left hand side and make left hand margin much much smaller.

How do I do it

Help

Hilary

1. Look at your Act_NavigationItem and Act_BrochureNavItem templates and look for [ and ].
    2. Look in your Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary templates for palette3bg.gif which is set as a background in the TD. You can also adjust the width of the TD there - currently 160.

Comment

FWIW

You may wish to put a few piccies of your product on your home page, (your text is fine), but I'm a window shopper and want to see what the rest of the site may have in store for me?

Just a thought.

S.
      esafetysigns.co.uk
      your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
      ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
      http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

I also prefer shopping sites to open straight to where the products are displayed. I want to see the goods before I need to see the small print.

Don't forget any website has 3 seconds to make an impact and persaude the visitor ro stay., it took me longer than that to find the link to take me to the products.

Comment

On the homepage the title in the web browser is showing a lot of HTML code .. this needs changing ASAP as it will affect your SEO ratings in Google etc.

I am not sure about the way you have spaced the text to force the right hand alignment in the blue bar... not most elegant of ways and not doing your site any justice IMHO

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            it took me longer than that to find the link to take me to the products.
            It's 'Go To Abercairn' - took me a while too.

Steep learning curve under way I fear - looking at OP's history, this has been going on (slowly) for some time now.

I suspect that all of us were at this stage once upon a time, so please have some sympathy - any offers of help forthcoming?
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I think you would be better having the shop home page as your main landing page, that home page currently is awful. Once into your shop it's not so bad, i've seen worse, but that home page looks like a right mess to be honest and will mean that many people go no further than that on your site.

As a bare minimum i would have a temporary redirect to the shop home page until it is fixed. Your home page looks to be so far off what it should be, you probably need some professional help to be honest.

Comment

trying

Thanks for your comments- will certainly look into ver 8

But in the meantime
                I have put new Fragments on the home page showing products - I attached some 'sections ' on to new fragments and when I go to fragment & press picture I am linked to products-there come up nicely.

BUT I can't get into the fragment to add more products.

Sorry this is confusing but I am confused.....

Comment

The simplest way is to break the text down into several fragments and use each one to insert an image.

I was unable to see the image on the homepage - showing as missing.

Bikster

Comment

trying 2

what you see is an old version

I'm working in the office doing previews at the moment

I want the image to goto the catalogue page in a oner- is it possible

I need to add more products -

Hilary

Comment

2. Look in your Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary templates for palette3bg.gif which is set as a background in the TD. You can also adjust the width of the TD there - currently 160

Sorry what is TD. Do I increase size or decease

Hilary

Comment

You can hard code the additional images directly into the template (save as a new name first) and link them... or you can combine the several images into one large image but this adds to the download time in waiting for the single image to appear.

TD is HTML for a table cell. In your original post you wanted it reducing so if it is set to 160 (pixels) at the moment as pointed out by Duncan you need to set this to 150 or 140 etc to make it smaller

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                        X