Avoiding product description repeats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoiding product description repeats

How can I describe a product at the top of the page, then list the various sizes it comes in as different products, without repeating the description each time?

Create a product template to use on the products that don't need the description. The easiest way to do this is to take an existing one and edit out the bits you don't want to show.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Avoiding duplication of product description

Thanks for your reply, Mike. I see I failed to express myself as clearly as I should have done. What I am trying to achieve is a generic description, followed by each size as a separate product.

Pauline

Comment

Why not add a product and have a drop down or radio buttons for the various choices on that product?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Why not add a product and have a drop down or radio buttons for the various choices on that product?
          Well, I can think of one reason why not....stock control
          If it is then set up to use associated products and stock levels are erratic and/or limited...stock control is a nightmare.

I can see the benefits of what the OP is trying to do here.
          Tracey

Comment

another option would be to create a very thin product template, just containing the 'variations' for that version of the product,
            Create a new page with the 'main' description at the top in a fragment, then use your mini template for each variation

Example

AndrewPK
            www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

What I am trying to achieve is a generic description, followed by each size as a separate product.
              Mikes reply above will do this for you.

Comment

You could also start each page with a full descriptive fragment followed by compact layout products.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X