bold text on links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bold text on links

I am trying to get the links that run along the top of the page so that they do not use bold text. in the template they appear like this;
    <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT</td>
    <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART</td>
    <td>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL</td>
    I have looked and looked and I cant see how I can stop them being created with bold text.
    Kind Regards
    Paul
    www.theorderofinitiative.co.uk

Paul,

I think this is defined in Act_BrochureNavItem.html and you need to remove the bold commands from this:

<b>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT</b>

to leave this:

NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTEXT

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Thanks a lot Alan that certainly got it
      I downloaded ABP 9 and am trying to work through all the seo suggestions its making. Looks a pretty good application so far

Comment

Err, ABP 9? What's that?
        And what's the objection to bold face nav. text?

Alan

Comment

doh IBP 9, its some seo software.
          well it was telling me to keep my words of bold text to <62 and I was not much over that but had all the navigation text coming it in bold so stopping that got me down to less than 62.

Comment

Always take these softwares recommendations suggestions with a pinch of salt as they do not know the exact guidelines for what is best by the search engines (which change on a weekly / monthly basis) ... especially if it compromises the usability of the site from a human user viewpoint.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              Always take these softwares recommendations suggestions with a pinch of salt as they do not know the exact guidelines for what is best by the search engines (which change on a weekly / monthly basis) ... especially if it compromises the usability of the site from a human user viewpoint.
              Spot on Jont old bean...

The software will scare the living daylights out of you with what is 'wrong' and then to put them right, please click here to buy our super duper version at $XXX.XX!

you get the gist.

Simple and effective as J points our, build for the user, write for the user and the bots will come (not that simplistic but as a rule of thumb )
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Its good for a numpty like me though as it makes me think a lot maore about key words etc and will hopefully stop me making any big mistakes (I wish)

Comment

Originally posted by runningwolf
                  it makes me think a lot more
                  That's the best way to use them... as pointers in the right direction

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                    That's the best way to use them... as pointers in the right direction
                    Exactly, remembering that if you use 3 different peices of software, they will all point out different suggestions, proving the point that SEO is a opinion based tactic based on sound principles.

Just a little thought on this, I have always been a fan of links being standardised on page layouts, namely blue, underlined and change to purple when visited (the default on many, many systems).

Reason, the majority of internet users will recognise these instantly as links.

We tend to use <strong> emphasise certain points and/or phrases.

JMTC

(O/T Morning Jonty, feeling any better?)
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X