Making 'next' button default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making 'next' button default?

During the checkout process it seems the 'back' button is selected by default, so if the user types in their details and press enter (rather than clicking next) it takes them back one screen.

Is there a way of setting 'next' as the default?
    John

Just change the order of the buttons and make 'Next' the first one and this will work

Cheers

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

I guess that would work, but it's a bit counter intuitive for the user. Back/Prev nearly always comes to the left of Forward/Next...
      John

Comment

Why don't you amend the emplate so that the buttons are arranged like this

Next
        Back
        Cancel

Rather than

Back | Cancel | Next

Surely it's intuitive to be clicking Next throughout a checkout rather than Back?

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to my attention jxm28788.

I have sort of solved the problem:

Open Act_Order01.html and change the code for the back button to read:

<input type="button" name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:BACKBUTTON" onClick="javascript: history.go(-1);">
          Then edit the code for the Cancel button to read:

<input type="button" name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:CANCELBUTTON" onClick="javascript: document.location.href = 'http://www.yourdomain.co.uk';">
          Now pressing enter on the form will submit it as the Next button is the only submit button left on the page.

However the cancel button takes you back to the home page and the back button may not work properly. If you have more than one shipping region it should work as intended, if you don't the previous page will be the bounce page which will redirect the user to the page that they are on anyway - if this is the case I think it makes sense to remove the back button completely.

A more functional/elegent solution whould be apreciated anyone.
          Martin Smith
          <a href="http://www.cnx-solutions.com">Web Design Cornwall</a>

Comment

Working...
          X