X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris ashdown
    Jo

My comments were not ment to be a critism of your company
    Hi Chris, I didn't take your comments as being particularly directed at PB. Your posting was very balanced. My problem is that I tend to get very sensitive (fed up) when whatever I do is not right.

I forget that I can keep 90% of clients happy 100% of the time or 100% happy 90% of the time. Its that last 10% that gets me.

I still get feedback after events - for every collection of emails I receive saying thanks for sorting the problem out quickly and efficiently, I still get one saying the service provided was nothing short of shocking and we are a bunch of bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      and we are a bunch of bandits.
      Just laugh at it Smokey, most of them will be with you for the next 5 years. They just shout off to let off steam, they haven't a clue what they're on about half the time. Someone in their life needs to get it, your hosting problems open a door and it gives em somewhere to release the steam.

You have 2 problems with your hosting:

1 - When it goes tits up it is voiced all over these forums and can paint a bad impression, however its a biased unbalanced view, although this should easily be counteracted by the additional promotion of your services on this forum.

2 - You are far too sensitive, if 90-95% of your customers are happy, as a hosting company, you are doing very well - period. Roll with it, laugh at it, stop taking things so personal, you are crucifying yourself over nothing more than just plain old boring business.

Relax, breathe and laugh - it's a winning formula. Being up tight will just put you in an early grave.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        they haven't a clue what they're on about half the time.
        Hey, I resemble that remark

When it goes tits up it is voiced all over these forums and can paint a bad impression, however its a biased unbalanced view,
        Which is something I, as a customer (and one whose sites were also down!) tried to rectify
        I responded to the initial post solely to reassure the OP that it wasn't just her having problems
        Tracey

Comment

Cheers Guys, lesson learnt - I'm going to take a chill pill.

My new meditation mantra - there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Chill and take it on the chin.

Comment

jo - you can NEVER please all the people all the time. Getting that last 10% at 100% is almost impossible

Comment

I agree with Malcolm

there is absolutely no f*****g way you will please everybody.

especially the ones that have the faintest about how things work.

or the ones that expected things done yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
                or the ones that expected things done yesterday
                or complain that the support they received at the weekend isn't fast enough, grrr

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

1 - When it goes tits up it is voiced all over these forums and can paint a bad impression, however its a biased unbalanced view, although this should easily be counteracted by the additional promotion of your services on this forum.
                  Spot on with this one Leeski old bean.

If you are a developer and show your services on this ACTINIC COMMUNITY (not shoot-my-host.com or slate-my-pro.co.uk) customers seem to loose all sense of placement and comment willy nilly that can be detrimental to your services offered.

A fair risk for us all to take by offering unpaid support in an open forum with direct links to our company?

Why not contain your comments to the relevant channel and if you have a problem go direct to source instead of starting a nonsense post on a already crammed forum!

Phew, thats better...
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

[QUOTE=los_design]
                    Why not contain your comments to the relevant channel and if you have a problem go direct to source instead of starting a nonsense post on a already crammed forum!

QUOTE]

What a heap of SxxT. They do have a problem a big one

if you have a problem with you sales on the net stopping, then one of the first places most of us try is this forum to see if it effects other using the same server

Every site has most likely has had problems with their ISP at some time, and if you search the forum you will find most instances. These in themselves are not detremental to the ISP, but may well help to solve repeats of the breakdown in communications which is after all what this thread is about. All machines breakdown, its how you handle the hard part of keeping people in the loop
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

I have been with Pinbrook for a few years, given Jo some grief and had a load of S**t from my MD. Problems happen.

I was with internetters a few years ago, actinic gold partner then, had real problems getting them to help and they kept passing it back to actinic as it turned out is was a problem with the memory alocated to the perl module but they still denied it was there problem.

I have just moved to PB dedicated host, after having various options over the last few years we have this habbit of chewing up bandwidth and Jo recommended the move would make better sense as 20gb amonth was eating the resources and effecting the server performance and costing me money, it costs a bit more but i now have a faster server and uptime does not seem to be an issue. (touching every bit of would, crossing fingers, toes e.t.c)

Load can be the biggest problem for any hosting company, it is unpredicatable, it can kill any website in minutes with too many requests.

I learnt Jo or one of the support guys will not give running commentories a long time ago, my site gets sorted quickly and i normally pick up the updates from the news desk.

Just my 2 penith
                      Darren

Comment

Working...
                      X