Delivery charges in shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery charges in shopping cart

Can any one help. I want to display the estimated delivery charge in the "whats in my cart" on the act_primary.html page, so the price will show the cost of the item and they will also know what the carriage is. Hopefully not in one total price but broken down, ie cost of item and cost of delivery...

Oh and could people give some feed back on our new site, it is www.wightcomputers.co.uk/acatalog/index.html as we have been using , which we will get rid of, once the new site has the products on..

Any ideas would help.
    Jon Harvey
    Technical Director
    Wight Computers Ltd
    Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
    www.wightcomputers.co.uk

The cost is not generated until the user passes to the actual checkout... although your site is UK only the software is designed to require delivery destination and type of delivery which is not known until the checkout... as such you need to get people to go to the checkout to show the cost... by which time it is not required back on the product pages as they are going to buy.

As the prices vary depending on what products I added you would be better displaying a table of charges clearly and concisely on the page or on an info page. This depends on how you have set the shipping ... this best suits a simple shipping model such as value or quantity and not complex methods such as weight (the buyer does not know the weight of a monitor plus a sound card).

Adding shipping at a later stage is known to annoy some buyers if it is not clear and obvious. It may be worth thinking about loading the product prices and having a set and reduced delivery charged based on price for example.... even if the end price is the same users prefer to pay less carriage.

As for the site the main thing I would say is the font size in the left hand navigation which is a little on the small side and with blue on grey not the clearest of contrasts.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to look at, I will take your advice and have a look at putting prices on an info page.
      Jon
      Jon Harvey
      Technical Director
      Wight Computers Ltd
      Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
      www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Depending on how complex the shipping model is it is often worthwhile to also showing a snippet in the side panels to save people hunting eg:

small items from : £2.95
        large items from : £7.95

backed up with a the full shipping tables elsewhere.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X