Discounts query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Norman,
    I am successfully using your previous version which does by the way also work with netscape, mozzila and opera.

Will try this new version a.s.a.p

All the best

Simon

P.S Just a quick note that the suffix to the invisible product does actually show in the cart and anywhere else that the product item number is usually shown.
    Not a problem as such I just named it something shorter and less obvious.

Comment

Thanks for the testing, Simon. I'm on holiday in Turkey with only IE6 on my laptop so no deep debugging here.

Please let me know if the most recent update works OK.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman your latest version works a treat, you can test it out for yourself if you like HERE

You can use my distributed code: xv67hh4

Was it intentional or is it the way these scripts automatically work that the code is actually case sensitive, this is a good feature.

I Like the touch of including the discount price, saves adding it manually like I started to do.
        I have tested everything I could think of and I have had no problems what so ever.

I wish I was able to create a script so quickly and accurately as you do, trouble is I have no experiance of the commands and do most things through trial and error.

The update to include use of components etc is a real bonus (also works fine), can use the script for pretty much every situation I will need.

I hope your having a good holiday and not spending too much developing scripts for us thick gits.

I personally think Actinic (although they do an excellent job) should call you in to help out with there next version.

All the best

Simon

Comment

Nice to see it in use. You may want to add something like "SPECIAL OFFER" to the hidden product name so that it stands out on the Cart and paperwork.

Norman

PS Your cart is busted when viewed from here. I'm getting missing images and no JavaScript includes. I see "<BASE HREF="http://community.actinic.com/acatalog/">" in the script generated pages. I hope that's just a bug due to following a link from the Forum to a script generated page.

Comment

Your right Norman it does need something for it to stand out a bit in the cart etc.
            I do still need to adjust a few things to match my current setup but It is almost there.

As for the cart being busted and the problem you mentioned, I am sure this is a problem due to linking from the forum.

I had this problem before when linking from an ad in Ebay. I could only solve the problem by purging session files.

I do not have any links to the community board on my site otherwise.

Hope its nice there,

All the best

Simon

Comment

I've just tried to see this working at you site, but the product is no longer found..

Any chance of a current code so I can see this in action?

Comment

Help needed

I have recently build a site, and it is up and running. I have read the txt file supplied on the forum(and the was a lot of help(thanks) My promotional code works for 1 item. After i tried installing the promotional code offer on the second product, it work but when a test them both togather, it didn t work.

The problem is i can add the first item with the discounted price and when i add the second product, it kicks the first product out of the cart.

CAN ANYONE HELP.

PLEASE CONTACT ME
                Last edited by waxbox.co.uk; 21-Aug-2004, 10:14 PM. Reason: text too big

Comment

You'll have to post a URL and the code so we can see this happening.

Norman

Comment

Thanks for a reply

My website URL is http://www.waxbox.co.uk/acatalog/Swix.html

There are 2 products with a promotional codes called

CH4 green Bulk
                    CH6 Bulk

My promotional codes is xyzzy at the moment.

Thanks

Comment

You aren't using the latest version of this patch. It's best to read these threads from the end back and use the latest attachment.

I've attached the latest version here.

Norman
                      Attached Files

Comment

I will try that version now

Thanks

Comment

I have tried the code re-entering it over and over again. Would someone be able to let me have a look at there website and give me a product code please.

Again i can get one product with a discount working, but when i try get the second to work, i am stuck because it all gets confusing wit the codes and codes it will except and the codes it dosen t, and to make it even more complicated, you have secretsuffixes

I have the following codes setup

var secretsuffix = '-nhr';
                          var secretcode = ['codexyz', 'abcpqr', 'wowza123'];

I have left the codes as the default codes for now.

So far i have done the following

1st product
                          (ch4 bulk)(ref:10)(Ref:10-nhr)

2nd product
                          (ch6)(Ref:16)(Ref:16-nhs)

Could you tell me what the discount codes should be and why i can t get it to work.

Is it because i am using version: 6.0.2.0.0.0. with ie6

URL:http://www.waxbox.co.uk/acatalog/Swix.html

The page might need refreshing

Comment

Two things to try.

1) Are you sure you're following this bit of the readme where you create a duplicate of the product immediately after the secret code one. I can see no sign of you doint this on your generated page.

Now create your usual product at the full price.
                            Use SecretCode_ProductLine.html as it's template.
                            Set its product reference to (e.g.) ABC101.

Duplicate that product and place the duplicate immediately below the main one.
                            Set the price to be your discounted one (you can also set any components to discounted prices as well).
                            Set its product reference to be the same as the one above but with the secretsuffix added (e.g.) ABC101-nhr
                            Optionally append something like "(Promotion)" to it's Short Description.
                            Use Invisible_ProductLine.html as it's template.
                            2) Try using product references that are alphabetic and not numeric for these products. E.g. XYZ for the main product and XYZ-nhr for the duplicate cheaper one.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                            X