Problems returning from basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems returning from basket

I have just uploaded my site to my new clara.net account, using the suggested settings in the KB. Everything was fine in the network setup, and network test, and the upload to the site all worked fine.

At first glance the site seems to work ok as well. However, when the site tries to jump to the page "www.mydomain.com/actatalog" (say from pressing cancel at the checkout or the way it skips back after you add something to the basket) it says -

"Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /acatalog/ on this server."

Now I check with FTP and the permissions are set to "-rwxrwx..." so I guess the error is correct.

The questions is - are the permissions wrong (why didn't it set the correctly?) or is it jumping to the wrong place (how do I change that?)
    John

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm due to go live soon and this is a fairly big problem, given that it errors wvery time a customer adds something to the basket!
    John

Comment

I have put a suggestion here:
      http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=2858

Comment

ah, that didn't work. the directory was already set to "rwxrwxrwx", it just appeared as "-rwxrwx..." because the column was wide enough (doh).

So there permission are fine - everyone everything.

Is it looking for a file (like index.html) which is in the root directory?
        John

Comment

Hi
          It sounds to me like the same problem that has been raised in a few threads eg http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=2398 and others
          Actinic is not returning to the correct page because the HTTP_REFERRER tag has been stripped off and its returning to ...yourdomain.com/acatalog/

If your store top page is called index.html, the it just opens that, but if you've called it something else, e.g. shop.html, you get an access forbidden error.

Hope this helps
          Tony Depledge
          Tony Depledge
          www.depledgedesign.co.uk

Comment

That's the one - I have renamed it from shop to index and it works fine now.

and this is also a zonealarm ("remove private header information") problem as well as norton.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X