HTML in emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML in emails

Any idea if and when Actinic will be supporting the use of HTML in emails sent to customers? If it's not in the pipeline can it go on the wish list?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Hi Owen

It's not in the pipeline at the moment, but I've added it to the wish list.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Can we also have the facility to design and save our own templates in the email function also

Comment

Can we also have the facility to design and save our own templates in the email function
        Yep. This one will be in v7.

Comment

Can we also have the facility to design and save our own templates in the email function
          Yep. This one will be in v7.

Comment

excellent

Comment

HTML emailer in v7

Can HTML emails be created in v7?

Comment

There has been no explicit functionality change to allow HTML emails, but it may be that the existing functionality will support them.

Forgive my ignorance but what makes an HTML email work (other than, simply, using HTML in the main body of the email)?

Comment

Most HTML emails contain the message twice. Once in plain text and the HTML formatted one as an attachment.

Wierdly, Actinic has the code to support the sending of that attachment already written and available (in ACTINIC.pm subroutine SendRichMail if I remember right) but there is no way of using it.

Norman.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

From your description there Norman, it seems to me there is no way to do HTML emails in Actinic. I'll ask the developers about SendRichMail and see what they say.

Comment

SendRichMail is the low level routine that bungs the email out and down the wire.

This is usually called from the SendMail routine (again in ACTINIC.PM) which hard codes the passing of a null string as the HTML parameter to the SendRichMail routine.

Norman
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                      X