Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Disconnecting' the home page from Actininc generated updates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Disconnecting' the home page from Actininc generated updates...

Client wants a home page which is pretty different to the rest of the brochure pages.
    I'm quite happy designing it, but how do I 'disconnect' it so that Actininc doesn't try to manage/update it??

(I know I've read something about this, but can I find it now!!!)

Thanks

Steve

The default top Brochure page has an option to set a check box which says something along the lines as "Use as Homepage". If you uncheck this, then the page will be sent to the /acatalog folder instead of the root folder of the site.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Thanks - Tried that, but then the 'Home' links on the nav bar go to this page in the acatalog directory, not to the top level home page!

S

Comment

To change the link it goes to then go into: Design | Options | Misc tab and then assign the Home Page to a URL of your home page you want it to connect to and that should do the trick.

Comment

Half-way there! That fixes the 'Home' link in the catalog, but not on the other brochure pages. Can't see where to change this??

S

Comment

By changing the link to a URL within the details provided before should reflect for all pages within the Catalog and the Brochure created pages, i.e. those Home page buttons should also connect to that page, unless you have custom programmed the buttons within the brochure pages and it is not controlled by the default nav button creation.

Comment

Very odd. I've not done anything clever with the navigation. (I don't know how!). I've set the home page filename to indexxx.html and said 'Don't use as home page' and Ive set the
              Design | Options | Misc tab to http://mydomain/index.html

When I upload the site, the 'home' link in the catalogue points to index.html, but the 'home' link on all the brochure pages points to acatalog/indexxx.html

Site is at www.archcomputers.co.uk, but is still in testing phase!

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

The navigation bar in the brochure pages is different to the one used for the store pages.

You've done everything right so far. The next thing is to change the physical buttons that are used for the first brochure page, or depending on the theme that you're using, change the actual brochure page name (ie. not 'home'). This will remove the 'home' link from the brochure navbar, but the correct one will remain in the store pages.

Ben
                Ben Popplestone
                Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben. I'd like to keep a 'Home' link on the brochure pages back to the 'external' home page, so what is the best way to do that??

Comment

My suggestion would be to rename the current Brochure 'Home' page to something else - i.e. just use it as a normal brochure page.

Then, add the link to your proper home page into the Brochure 'Overall Layout Template' which is a file called 'Act_BrochurePrimary.html' in your Site1 folder.

Add the HTML for the link next to the variable called NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE.

Comment

Thanks - I'll give that a try.
                      S

Comment

Working...
                      X