Removing 'Fax' line from Actinic emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing 'Fax' line from Actinic emails

This has most probably been answered before but I've done numerous searches and got no results.

I want to remove the Fax: line from my customer emails (Order Received, Order Shipped). I've managed to omit the request on the checkout pages but the line still appears on the emails - I've looked at trying to edit the templates but the customer data seems to be under the 'umbrella' of NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA.

Is there an easy way to achieve this?

thanks

Anna

Look in Act_CustomerEmail.txt
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks Norman, yes I'd spotted that but it's the default emails within actinic I wish to change. The Order Received and Order Shipped ones.

Comment

Quick tip!

We amended the text so its now Mobile Number... which encourages a landline number also, helping a little for security reasons. Also getting a landline number as well means you can call a customer knowing that you are not playing loadsamoney per minute to a mobile number.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

thanks Norman, yes I'd spotted that but it's the default emails within actinic I wish to change. The Order Received and Order Shipped ones.
          if you find the txt file that Norman pointed you towards the ones you want will identify themselves.

Sort your folder by file type

Comment

yes, I've found the Act_OrderRecEmail.txt and Act_OrderShipEmail.txt but these are a different format to the Act_CustomerEmail.txt the line for the fax seems to come under NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA as apposed to <Actinic:SHIP_FAX/><Actinic:SHIP_FAX_SEP/> in the Act_CustomerEmail.txt? Do I need to copy from the Act_CustomerEmail.txt and paste into the other two?

Comment

Try it - otherwise maybe just type what you want and remove the NVQ ref to CUSTOMER_DATA altogether.

Comment

hmmm, but I I remove NETQUOTEVAR:CUSTOMER_DATA then the emails won't include the customers name & delivery address etc - that has to be present. I'll have a play about with copying and pasting the split up version that's present in the Act_CustomerEmail.txt and see what happens

thanks for all the suggestions everyone

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  Quick tip!
                  We amended the text so its now Mobile Number
                  I did that too!
                  Copycat
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X