Quick Search Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Search Box

On all of my pages (except the homepage) their appears a 'Quick Search' box in the top left hand corner of my website. I'm currently using the smart theme.

Is there something I can tick in Actinic or a piece of code I can copy out of one of the other templates to add this Quick Search box to the homepage?

As much as I try I cannot seem to find a post specifically dealing with this. But if you can point me in the right direction, that would be great

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I used this to put the simple search box on my 'front' page

<form name=simplesearch action="http://www.your web address here/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" METHOD="GET">
    <input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="15" maxsize="125" value=" " onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PR" VALUE="-1">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="">
    </FORM>

you may have to tweak a little based on your cgi script location and number but I reckon that should work

hth

Anna

Comment

You could try:

View | Search Settings | Search Options | Show Searching on Front Page

and tick the box?
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

lol Paul, nice spot.

Comment

That option is already ticked but doesn't show searching on the home page! As strange as that seems.

Comment

Hmmm strange, it's on brochure pages on a newly licensed site. Maybe it was removed at some stage?

Comment

Working...
            X