Duplicate Product Error (when ordering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Product Error (when ordering)

Hi, I've had a long standing problem which i can't seem to get anywhere with.

I have several duplicate products on my site but when you go to add any of them to the basket it comes up with an error:

"The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.
    You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).
    <hyperlink of the product description>"

The link takes you nowhere!

I have searched previous posts and found this old one which is exactly the same as my issue -http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=15326&

I have tried all the usual things (compacting, refreshing etc..) and I am using the latest version 7 Catalog.

I wondered if anyone had any ideas before I raise a support ticket?

Many thanks.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Community !! Can you tell me what exact version of 7 you are on ( Help | About ). A link to the site too would be good.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply - the exact version I'm on is 7.0.7.0.0.0.HCFA

I haven't actually got a live public site running at the moment and have been using an internal web server setup for testing. I need to start testing on the proper server shortly to get the security settings right but was hoping to sort this issue first!

I have trawled through my actinic settings with no joy. I have heavily altered the layout templates - is there anything I might have omitted/overwritten from the layouts that could potentially cause this?

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Have you tried resetting duplicates on the problem products?

Comment

My last reply got me thinking and I started swapping various templates for the originals I have managed to find the piece of code that caused the error!

It was in my product layout templates, I had changed:
          Code:
          NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY
          to:
          Code:
          <input type="text" size="1" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">
          I think I originally did this so that I could alter the width of quantity field to suit my layout. It seems to work fine for normal products but makes any duplicate product error.

Now I just need to figure out a way round so that I can still control the width of quantity field. Any ideas welcomed!

Tom

Comment

You could create a CSS style and apply it to the input box and see what happens.

Comment

I've managed to fix this now with a bit of searching and playing around, typically simple in the end.

To complete the thread and in case it's useful for anyone else:

I managed to alter the width of the quantity field by going into Design > Text > ID: 2173 - in there I changed the size="4" to a 1. I also had to get rid of the <br> in ID: 2220.

Cheers,
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X