Product Duplicate List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Duplicate List

Is it possible to create a list of duplicate products? Seems like there is a bit of an issue with these in v8 at times so just wondered if it was possible generate a list to refer to if needed. Also helpful when deleting and updating catalog anyway.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I'd do an export of the catalog, noting the product id of an original plus the duplicate. Then use excel to look both of these up and see the difference between them, note the column that illustrates the difference and then use auto filter in excel to only show products that are duplicates, once filtered, copy paste into a separate worksheet and that is your master list.

It can be done in the database also, in fact a create table query could be run, automatically producing it, however i'd always suggest to stay the hell out of there to be honest.

Comment

Cheers Lee. Maybe an automated duplicate list could be one for the Wish List?
      Football Heaven

Comment

Yeah one for the wishlist would be good along with a global reset all duplicates button. In the meantime, might be worth badgering somebody to build a report to add to the current reports available.

Comment

Thanks guys - I've passed this suggestion on to the management.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            Thanks guys - I've passed this suggestion on to the management.
            I thought you were the management.
            Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
            X