Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Can't Upload!

Has anyone come across this error message:

Payment service provider, PROTX, failed to register properly - class ID({AC060015-43EE-11D2-9520-080000511272})

It comes up when I try to configure Protx, which was fine prior to upgrade to version 7. It is not allowing me to upload changes.

Help please!!

From memory that occurs when the PSPSetup.exe is not included as part of the installation.

Comment

error

As far as I recall the installation included the PSPSetup. I guess if what you say is correct the only remedy is to re-install.
      Mark

Comment

I think you can uninstall the PSP part of actinic and then run that again to put them back in, please snapshot before you try though, this is a distant memory i am calling upon.

Comment

error

Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. I'm at a loss as to what to do. In desperation I may need to try reinstalling the entire package. However, the problem may be embedded in the snapshot which will make this rather futile. I am waiting to hear from Protx, maybe they'll come up with something. I'll let you know and thanks for your input.
          Mark

Comment

Error Reappeared

I got rid of this error last night finally by reinstalling Version 6, then installing the old snapshot. Then I upgraded to Version 7 from there. A long winded process but this seemed to do the trick. However, when I tried to download orders this morning the same error reared it's ugly head again.
            If there is anyone out there who can help with this please, I am getting a little desperate. I'm really stuck with this one! I cannot upload or download now!
            Mark

Comment

Success and Stress!

It's been a stressful 2 days with this problem getting progressively worse. This is a very large and dynamic website by the way. Over 2000 fashion jewellery items, 5 years established with a growing customer base and reputation, and Actinic continues to do the job superbly. Here's how it went in a nutshell:
              After a complete reinstall of the original version 6 software, upgrade to 7 and snapshot, everything was restored bar a few niggly errors, but at least I could upload changes. The first attempt to download orders was a disaster! The same error message locking me out, and further various error messages talking about class ids and corrupt files, and, in the meantime, the website shopping cart was returning an Internal Server Error.
              Drastic situations require drastic measures!
              If I was going to remove the software entirely from my machine and completely reinstall it, and the snapshot, then sit throught an hour and a half while it uploads - again, I want to be sure it's right this time.
              I could not suspend orders because I couldn't upload!
              So I ftp's to the site using third party software and deleted everything off the domain including all the perl scripts - the webspace was empty, and problably, in the process, washed away a few unsuspecting shoppers! I put a red notice on the front page (outside the acatalog folder) apologising and inviting customers back a little later, then removed all links to the shop.
              I removed all Actinic software from my machine, ran a registry check to clear the melingering files, rebooted and reinstalled everything, first from Version 6 then the upgrade then the snapshot I knew was good. My heart was in my mouth as I was about to download the order that was left behind when things went pear-shaped. The order came down the pipe without a hitch, but not the one I expected, which I guess is lost somewhere in the ether (we have an email copy), but a new one, already!
              So I think it's over. In fact I've done 3 downloads now and it seems pretty stable. The site itself seems smoother too. I guess it just needed a good clearout after 5 years of non-stop shopping! We hope it's good for another 5!
              Mark

Comment

Problem re-occurs

This problem is back. Everything was working fine for a week. Adding products, using discounts, lots of minor changes without any problems. Then today, carried out some similar changes and up it comes again.

Payment service provider, PROTX, failed to register properly - class ID({AC060015-43EE-11D2-9520-080000511272})

Tried reinstalling the software then importing a snapshot, problem still there! Thought I'd fixed it but obviously not. Tries a different machine, no change. The error appears just as the upload procedure has finished checking Catalog and before it stars to check html.

Not really sure why I'm continuing to leave messages here as I feel like I'm talking to myself. Can anyone apart from Leehack offer any asistance?

Comment

Did you follow through on Lee's suggestion? When you upgrade to v7, do you check and (if necessary) re-configure the PSP's and increment the OCCUpgrade.ini, before taking a snapshot and THEN uploading?
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

error

Yes, I have tried this twice to no avail I'm afraid. It seems to be a brutal error. Once it's there it's nearly impossible to get rid of without uninstalling and reinstalling Actinic. When I do this, the PSP setup is fine until I install a snapshot, which leads me to think that the bug is also in the snapshot.
                    I know this:
                    It's not the server because the error shows just before Actinic checks the html at the beginning of an upload and the site itself is working fine. The error also shows when I click the Configure button on the Payments and Security tab in Business Settings, not just with Protx and Paypal either, but on any option in the list.
                    It's not my computer because I tried installing the whole shop on a new laptop and the same problem occurred after installing the snapshot.
                    To be honest, I'm trying very hard not to panic here!
                    Mark

Comment

Just did a search on this problem psp class id register - and found several posts from Nadeem and Bruce recommending you locate PSPSetup.exe on the installation CD and run that. This should clear up the registry error.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

error

Thanks for the suggestion Bill. I tired it but to no avail I'm afraid. Not sure what to do next!?

Comment

Last Chance Saloon.....

Actinic Support

Comment

Don't understand?

Comment

Actinic Support
                              Phone them in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X