Other Info Prompt won't change colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Info Prompt won't change colour

This seems like a really trivial question, but I just can’t figure it out and any help would be much appreciated. I would like the colour of the text for the Other Info box to be blue, to match in with the rest of the page, but the default is small red text. Originally I just added some html into the Other Info Question prompt box:

<font size=”2” color=”blue”>If adding your own front of card greeting, enter the text below:</font>

This seemed to work okay and gave me the look I wanted. You can see this at http://www.cardsatyourfingertips.co....ctic_Life.html. However, using this method, when you send a confirmation e-mail or print an invoice the html is printed as well, which is no use.

I then decided to try to do it properly and added some new code to the css file:

.sfactregular{
    font-size:12px;
    color:"Blue";
    }

and changed the code in Act_ProductLine to:

<span class="sfactregular">NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT</span>

This changes the font size correctly but I cannot get the red text to change to blue. You can see this here:http://www.cardsatyourfingertips.co....talog/Two.html

Am I missing something stupid here?

Thanks,
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Hi Susan,

I am not sure if this is the same in V7 as I have only ever used V8. However, worth a look I am sure. Go to, Design|Themes|Advanced Themes Configuration. On the right hand side you will see 'Required Field'. This is what controls the colour for the 'Quantity' box and the 'Other Info Prompt' text. You should be able to change the colour here.

Hope that helps
    Jules

Comment

Thanks Jules, I think the equivalent in v7 is Design / Colors. I've tried changing all the fields that were red to blue in this dialog box, but that hasn't made any difference either. Any other ideas?
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

The styling comes from .actrequired which due to the nesting of the NETQUOTEVAR has a closer specificity than your .sfactregular and over rides your styling.

I can not remember off hand if the OTHERINFOPROMPT styling was available for individual HTML editing in design | text or you will need to make a global change to .actrequired.

Norman's "multi other info prompt" could be a solution as this has an option to make the field optional.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X