Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to start again!!

Hi!

I would like to completely scrap my existing site and start a whole new site altogether for a new business entirely.

I have changed so many things over the years that I can't even remember what they are and wouldn't know how to begin to change them back again!

Is there a way to revert to exactly how the site was when it came from Actinic?

I have Actnic version 7.

Thank you!

Uninstall actinic completely and then re-install it.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Uninstall actinic completely and then re-install it.
      Or

export your product catalogue, convert it to a sql file using excel.

Then install Zen-cart or Cre-Loaded and import your sql dump file

Or you could make life really easy and buy v8 and start from there?

JMTC
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi,

I know you can use Actinic as many times as you like if you have the Developer version, but can you scrap a site and start an entirely new one for a different business with Catalog ?

Graham

Comment

start an entirely new one for a different business with Catalog
          You can change domain names but not a business - best bet is to call actinic and get it from the horses mouth.

Comment

actually, as long as you are the one still using the software, you can.
            I did it.
            When I closed Chariots on Hire...we re-used the software, with Actinic's permission, for Jesters Trick Bits.
            Tracey

Comment

Actinics view on this seems to change with the wind which is why I suggested that you contact them direct - you can then post what they tell you so we have an upto date statement from them

Comment

It is our understanding that the license is valid to 1 online store/user at any time (unless you own BMS).

So yes, you can change the domain but you must kill off your original site.

As Malc states, confirm your decision with Actinic first. With our clients, a full list of license keys are listed in their details portfolio and ungraded when/if they change domains and we disseminate this info to our Actinic contract manager.

HTH
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

When I closed Chariots on Hire...
                  Your business names rock.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                    Your business names rock.
                    why thank you!
                    I did get accused, on more than one occasion, of leaving people with the Chariots of Fire music in their head for days on end though
                    Tracey

Comment

Working...
                    X