Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Design Quote

Hi,

I am quite messed up with my Actinic and i got to the point where i think i need some proffessional help to finish up my website. I got the design i want and everything i only need help to put everything in place up and running. Please kindly give me a quote

Many thanks

Originally posted by Alicee
    Hi,

I am quite messed up with my Actinic and i got to the point where i think i need some proffessional help to finish up my website. I got the design i want and everything i only need help to put everything in place up and running. Please kindly give me a quote

Many thanks
    Hi

Many good peeps on the forum who can assist you.

We, of course would be happy to supply you with a quote. Please feel free to submit a request via our enquiry desk and we will be happy to oblige.

Best wishes.
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Ever seen V6 DJ?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        Ever seen V6 DJ?
        Is that a type of Jag engine?
        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi leehack

I am just getting lost with so much information. I can do my design myself, i know very well what i like. Just need to get everything up and running, things functioning. Have to start with uninstalling my actinic as i have done a mess out of it. Also need to change my domain name. I have tried to do it myself but i have messed it up big time. Please give me a reasenable quote for a working girl who wants to start up my own online business step by step.
          No rush. Many thanks

Comment

I have tried to do it myself but i have messed it up big time
            No mention of the two days free help I have been giving you then

Comment

Originally posted by Alicee
              Hi leehack

I am just getting lost with so much information. I can do my design myself, i know very well what i like. Just need to get everything up and running, things functioning. Have to start with uninstalling my actinic as i have done a mess out of it. Also need to change my domain name. I have tried to do it myself but i have messed it up big time. Please give me a reasenable quote for a working girl who wants to start up my own online business step by step.
              No rush. Many thanks
              Hi Maria

You seem to be getting more frustrated each day that passes. Can i make a suggestion, it may take a bit of your time, but far less than what you will have already spent.

Write a list of exactly what you would like to have done for you by a designer. This way, both yourself and your designer will be fully aware of everything expected and you will both be aware of what it is going to cost. This design spec (or whatever you wish to call it) can then be used to send to designers who can possibly help you and you can get some reliable quotations in return. From these quotes and the info you receive in return, you can make an informed decision on who can help you best and what they will charge you.

I'm not sure how other people work to be honest, but for me, i like the detail on what you expect, and from this i will provide a price to do it for you. If i know what you want and you know what it will cost, there is rarely any confusion. I hate adding extras and sundries to a build cost at the end, so i take my time finding out what you want from me and then i give you a price to do it for you and i stick to it.

Ecommerce builds can vary from £500 - £10,000+, dependent on what you are doing and how long it will take. I don't think anyone can reliably pluck a figure out of the sky, each one is often so different.

Get it down on paper (or Word or email more like) and contact some designers, they will then know what you want and you will subsequently find out what it will cost - this would be my best advice to move forward and get this sorted asap.

Comment

I'm not sure how other people work to be honest, but for me, i like the detail on what you expect, and from this i will provide a price to do it for you. If i know what you want and you know what it will cost, there is rarely any confusion. I hate adding extras and sundries to a build cost at the end, so i take my time finding out what you want from me and then i give you a price to do it for you and i stick to it.
                This has to be the soundest method. A designer needs a list of requirements before they can cost. At the end of the quotation phase of a project both designer and client has an agreed list of things to be achieved. Thus there is no confusion.

Additions to the list can then be clearly identified and costed and added in if there is agreement on both sides.

I got the design i want and everything i only need help to put everything in place up and running. Please kindly give me a quote
                No-one will be able of offer a quote based on current info. You will need to draw up your list of requirements and then ask people to quote. Thus everyone gets the same requirement and you can choose accordingly from the responses you get.

Comment

Write a list of exactly what you would like to have done for you by a designer
                  It also works the other way ie designers also make a choice about who they take on as a client.

I have told you exactly what is wrong with your site - your instalation of Actinic is corrupt and you need to reinstal it and start again with a default site. Even if you get a designer to build your site for you it will still not work until you get Actinic running on your PC. If you cannot do it (you have spent most of today trying) you will need to pay someone to do it for you or call Actinic support and get them to help. You have 30 days of free telephone support with them to get your site up and running before you need to think about paying for help.

For get the fancy design and get your products up for sale with a functioing default site you can then start promoting and selling. The fancy design can come later in slow time based on what you want and what feedback you get from the site. The design you have in mind IMO is not going to help sales without some mods so keep it simple and walk before ypu try and run - keep the cash in your pocket.

Comment

You have 30 days of free telephone support with them to get your site up and running before you need to think about paying for help.
                    Actinic do not support V6 so I doubt if she has 30 days free support

Comment

Actinic do not support V6
                      I need to remember to read the forum headers (too used to V8 now) - I dont suppose many designers support it either!!!!

Comment

I dont suppose many designers support it either!!!!
                        Probably only the ones who originally used V6 (although anyone who has used V7 will have no problem with V6) and those who are so hacked off with V8 that they will do anything

Comment

and those who are so hacked off with V8 that they will do anything
                          Now now jo - had another fun day with V8?????

Comment

I got so fed up i haven't opened v8 for about a week now

Comment

Designing a site in V6 would be a bit like building a new PC with Windows 95, not something you'd do usually, but it would be nostalgic doing so.

Comment

Working...
                              X