Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vista - upgrade

hi Guys

got new laptop with vista and have downloaded the latest 7.07 version but when I try to run Actinic i get the following 'unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged.' i then click ok and the programme closes.

Im the only user account on the laptop and by default i'm the administrator.

Can anyone shed any light into this problem

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by biffa
    hi Guys

got new laptop with vista and have downloaded the latest 7.07 version but when I try to run Actinic i get the following 'unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged.' i then click ok and the programme closes.

Im the only user account on the laptop and by default i'm the administrator.

Can anyone shed any light into this problem

Thanks in advance
    Hi Biffa

What path did you set the install to go through.

If you look inside your 'My Documents' folder, you will locate your Site 1 folder. Ensure all the relevant data etc is referenced to this location.

Once you have confirmed this, we should then be able to point you in the right direction.
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
      If you look inside your 'My Documents' folder, you will locate your Site 1 folder. .
      In version 7 though?

Is it not because Actinic is trying to read from the Site1 folder in program files (where it always was in V7) and Vista won't "let" it?
      Tracey

Comment

Hi there

The problem is that you have got User Account Control (UAC) turned on. This means that the actual 'Program Files' folder (where Actinic is stored) is buried away in the 'Local Settings' folder - but Actinic is looking for it in C:\Program Files....

In order to make this work with v7, you need to turn User Account Control off. To do this, go to 'Control Panel > Users' and then click on the link that says 'Click here to turn User Account Control On or Off'.

You might need to re-install Actinic after you've done this.

Comment

Thank you and once again thank you

Thanks everyone,

Back on line

The problem was that i sent site1 to my recyle bin (stupid I know) - from your input you put me in the right direction so thanks

I just restored and hey presto

Comment

Just had the same problem with Windows Vista, I also turned user control off and the same message appears- " Unable to Locate the Database for the selected site. The site will reamain unchaged"

Can some body please help , thanks

Carolina

Comment

The problem is that you have got User Account Control (UAC) turned on. This means that the actual 'Program Files' folder (where Actinic is stored) is buried away in the 'Local Settings' folder - but Actinic is looking for it in C:\Program Files....

In order to make this work with v7, you need to turn User Account Control off. To do this, go to 'Control Panel > Users' and then click on the link that says 'Click here to turn User Account Control On or Off'.

You might need to re-install Actinic after you've done this.
              chris's earlier response to this suggests you may have to renstall Actinic, have you done this?

Comment

We are running 7.07 in Vista no problem, and UAC is on. We have selected "run as administrator" and flagged compatiblity mode - "Windows XP SP2" by right clicking on the Actinic desktop icon - I don't know if this makes the difference. Also on the right click dialog box is the security settings tab - check to see if your user has full access to change things etc.

Also, right click on the Actinic folder in c:/programs and use the same security dialog box to make sure that your user has full control (read/write etc) over the files in this folder - this is probably the clincher.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X