Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Error Messages

Hi All

Just had some new error messages that I dont understand and hope someone can help. The site is on version 6.1.2 and I changed the a few words of text on one product but I can't close the box as an error message appears saying "The page name must not contain path information". I haven't made any other changes...and I've just tried this on other product pages with the same result. It seems if I make any change to the text in a 'full description' box this error message appears. Any thought will be appreciated.

Regards

Charles Kelly
    www.simplysuperbgifts.com

I think you will find it is a path name lurking witin your page filenames, i.e. somehow you have managed to get a pagename of ../pagename.html or /this folder/thatfolder/pagename.html.

Take a look at the Home page to see if this is set to use as home page or not, and is it using the ../ directive if it is not set as use as homepage.

hope it helps.....

Comment

Also check the 'Page Name' field within the 'Layout' tab of the section you are in.

You can look at the ActinicCatalog.mdb database and go into the 'Catalog Section' table and look down the 'sPageName' column to see all your page names at a glance.

Comment

I just had the same issue and ended up here looking for a solution (thanks to all who have posted answers).

The problem in my case was a forward slash / in the extended info page name, which I was using in the grammatical sense.

I think the pagename becomes the last part of a filepath within actinic and therefore the forward slash character will of course render the path invalid.

Simple once you have figured it out but it had me scratching my head for a while.

I'm a complete actinic novice by the way, so hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum from that perspective and pick up details that more expert users would find blindingly obvious.

Cheers,

Fresheyes

Comment

Welcome to the Community, Matthew. Amazingly you found a nearly 8 year old post still useful.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,

I had to dig around to find it but thankfully the search facility on here is excellent.

I'm right at the beginning at the moment, uploading all of my data into the csv file that comes with the software. A lot of the products we stock are in fractional inch sizes so I'm having a bear of a time converting everything to say 'one and threequarter inch' instead of 1-3/4".

I'm thinking I may be able to alter it back again later using symbols rather than the slash key, but either way I suspect it won't be helping my SEO very much.

It's so refreshing to be moving to a nice new piece of software (V10) with support and a forum full of tips and advice.

Comment

uploading all of my data into the csv file that comes with the software

Hope you know that that's not the usual way to add Products / Sections to the site.

Most people populate the Content Tree directly from within Actinic by creating Sections then Products using the Actinic user interface. Just right-click the bundle of money icon and you get the full set of options.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, I had all the data from my previous site in a csv - about 3000 items with individual descriptions etc. This seemed like the most logical route to migrate as much as I could onto actinic, then tinker with it once it's all in.

Comment

Working...
                X