Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Pages / HSBC Payment

Hi,

I use HSBC E-payments and it appears that if a customer doesn't enter an email address, the payment system prevents the customer from completing their order.

Is there anyway I can amend the order pages to advise the customer to insert a particular email address if they don't have one? e.g. sale@aloevera-and-you.com

Or... as anyone any other ideas - I have been losing a few sales due to this.

thanks

www.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

You possibly have email set as a required field in Actinic

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the reply, I have had a look in my settings and it's not showing as a required field - any other ideas?

Regards

Linda
      Best Regards
      www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'

Comment

Any ideas...

Sorry to move this up the list but it's happened again this morning and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can pre-insert an email address ..

Thanks
        Best Regards

Comment

Linda,

You might want to try this from the AUG....

Asking People to Verify Their Email Address

This technique will replace the single 'Email' field in the checkout with two email fields, and the customer will not be able to continue until their email addresses match.

To do this, edit Act_Order1.html

Look for the line:
          <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEEMAIL" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEEMAIL">
          REPLACE it with:
          <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEEMAIL" id="email1" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEEMAIL">
          <!-- start Check email address -->
          <br>
          Repeat email address:
          <br>
          <input type="TEXT" name="DUMMY" id="email2" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEEMAIL">
          <script language=JavaScript>
          <!--
          function checkemailaddress()
          {
          if ( document.getElementById('email1').value != document.getElementById('email2').value )
          {
          alert('The Email addresses do not match');
          return false;
          }
          return true;
          }
          // -->
          </script>
          <!-- end Check email address -->
          Then further down the file, look for the line:
          <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON">
          REPLACE it with:
          <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON" onclick="return checkemailaddress()">

Then update your store and try out the email address checker. This will force people to enter an email address.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X